First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never had a turbo before, and I wanted to make sure she was good and broken in before I tried it. Wow what a rush!
Probably never should have done it, because now I want to do it more! :D
I was already doing 70, and in just a few seconds I was up to 95 with a huge grin on my face,
Then I thought SPEEDING TICKET! and slowed down, but man that was fun :)
Exactly lol...I have never gotten a ticket before, feel like this car will be the first time.

I have been up to 100 wayyyyyy too many times haha its too easy in this car, and doesn't feel like it either.
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly lol...I have never gotten a ticket before, feel like this car will be the first time.

I have been up to 100 wayyyyyy too many times haha its too easy in this car, and doesn't feel like it either.
I know! When I looked down and saw I'd hit 95 so quick I was shocked! I've only had 3 tickers in over 30+ years. Haven't had any since I got my radar detector, 125.00 well spent! It goes off warning me before cops can even see me or me see them. It's saved me a fortune. But as luck would have it, yesterday I didn't have it in the car and didn't want to risk a ticket lol
Prior to owning this Civic, fast and Civic would have never been in the same sentence lol

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know! When I looked down and saw I'd hit 95 so quick I was shocked! I've only had 3 tickers in over 30+ years. Haven't had any since I got my radar detector, 125.00 well spent! It goes off warning me before cops can even see me or me see them. It's saved me a fortune. But as luck would have it, yesterday I didn't have it in the car and didn't want to risk a ticket lol
Prior to owning this Civic, fast and Civic would have never been in the same sentence lol
I seriously may have to invest in a radar detector, but I work in VA and they're illegal there.

At the same time, I've only seen a cop clocking during my commute once in the 3 months since I've moved out here to middle-of-nowhereland.

We'll just keep the stealthy speed of the Civic to ourselves :)

tgold106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Vehicle Showcase
I've posted several posts already about how much I love my Civic Touring. I think one of the great things about it is that for a car that has a turbocharged engine and does 0-60 in under 7 seconds it doesn't have all of these sporty emblems that most cars have. So in some respects it is a sleeper car and will surprise many of those who are unfamiliar with the new Civic. She even gets up to 60 not only quickly but quietly.

OP
OP
hondamitch51

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've posted several posts already about how much I love my Civic Touring. I think one of the great things about it is that for a car that has a turbocharged engine and does 0-60 in under 7 seconds it doesn't have all of these sporty emblems that most cars have. So in some respects it is a sleeper car and will surprise many of those who are unfamiliar with the new Civic. She even gets up to 60 not only quickly but quietly.
My thoughts exactly! You have to be very mindful with the Touring regarding speed because when it feels like your doing 50 you're actually doing 70! It's very deceiving. The way the car handles, and the smoothness of the drive train along with the power of the turbo charged engine put you into an altered perception of actual speed.
You should see the reaction of the young kids when I pull into the gas station here in central NJ to fill up [which hasn't been very much because I'm averaging about 37 MPG city and highway]. They all want to check it out!
You can here them run over and say, "hey, that's the new Civic!" It's really funny! My Civics a celebrity! I really do love this car!

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
With the CVT it's very deceptive as to how fast you are accelerating. You don't have the increasing revs and gear shifting to judge by. Then you look at the speedometer and you're doing 10-20 over the speed limit. :eek:

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We Canadians have been feeling a bit smug about having the TURBO decal on our cars. Maybe your right, the decal may draw unwanted attention!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously may have to invest in a radar detector, but I work in VA and they're illegal there.

At the same time, I've only seen a cop clocking during my commute once in the 3 months since I've moved out here to middle-of-nowhereland.

Supposedly the radar I have is undetectable by the devices VA cops use to detect your radar detector. Though I haven't been to VA to put this to the test lol.
Since buying this detector 2+ years ago I haven't been pulled over once. And it's not because I haven't been speeding lol it goes off warning me long before I even see a cop and most importantly before the cops sees me. Even for laser! Best investment. I'll find it on amazon and post a link. It doesn't even look like a radar detector

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the only only thing that would make this car perfect would be AWD.
I'd like it if the touring came with 1.5 turbo paired with manual transmission

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts exactly! You have to be very mindful with the Touring regarding speed because when it feels like your doing 50 you're actually doing 70! It's very deceiving. The way the car handles, and the smoothness of the drive train along with the power of the turbo charged engine put you into an altered perception of actual speed.
You should see the reaction of the young kids when I pull into the gas station here in central NJ to fill up [which hasn't been very much because I'm averaging about 37 MPG city and highway]. They all want to check it out!
You can here them run over and say, "hey, that's the new Civic!" It's really funny! My Civics a celebrity! I really do love this car!
I've only seen 2 since buying mine, and the 2nd one almost side swiped me at a toll booth. Dummy on her phone not paying attention. I thought why isn't she using her blue tooth instead of holding it up to her head nearly wrecking my car!
Everywhere I go people ask me about my car. If I have time I let them check it out. I wonder how many have been sold from me doing that lol

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We Canadians have been feeling a bit smug about having the TURBO decal on our cars. Maybe your right, the decal may draw unwanted attention!
I purchased a red an chrome turbo decal to put on my trunk. Haven't done it yet because it's too cold lol.
I had a guy with an older Si ask for a go at a red light I figured why not, on the green I took off not even flooring it, blew him off the map, I think he was crying seeing me pull away so easily lol

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Here's the link to the Radar I have, well like the one I have, there used to be a mid price one that was 129.99, now there are only 2 one more and one less than what I paid
http://smile.amazon.com/Cobra-Ultim...55996308&sr=1-7&keywords=cobra+radar+detector

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have it tucked up high to the right of the mirror, it gives 360 degree radar detection protection.
Sponsored

Attachments