Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
You may want to time the difference, because it doesn’t sound right. If you accelerate in a lower gear, the turbo doesn’t produce as much boost because the engine doesn’t ‘need‘ it to rev. In higher gears, it draws more air through the turbo since it needs more power to push the car. Since it can’t rev freely, more compressed air compensates for that. It’s a neat concept, and kind of hard to wrap your head around.

Could be the ECU is opening the wastegate a little.
Huh? This is a cvt, there's no gears here. This is with 87% tps , look at how it stays to the highest rpm WITHOUT SHIFTING.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Yes, I meant the ‘fake’ gears. My car has ‘L’ mode, so I can do that whenever I like. No matter the revs, 87% throttle is still only 87% throttle. Like I said, do a few timed runs to see which method is faster. I know it would definitely be faster with 100% throttle! ?

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Yes, I meant the ‘fake’ gears. My car has ‘L’ mode, so I can do that whenever I like. No matter the revs, 87% throttle is still only 87% throttle. Like I said, do a few timed runs to see which method is faster. I know it would definitely be faster with 100% throttle! ?
According to my draggy times, D is the quickest with my method, L is the second and S is slowest. I've done tons of runs, haven't you seen my races? Here's some of my draggy times, all done in D gear with around 85 to 90% TPS, and remember the tpc will be 100% if tps is over 50%, I'm telling you to go 85 to 90% TPS not TPC Get a draggy and time it yourself and see.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Modified 1.5 CVT review. Screenshot_20210815-002949_dragy

Honda Civic 10th gen My Modified 1.5 CVT review. Screenshot_20210815-001028_dragy

Honda Civic 10th gen My Modified 1.5 CVT review. Screenshot_20210724-010750_dragy

Honda Civic 10th gen My Modified 1.5 CVT review. Screenshot_20210724-010756_dragy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
So the trick is to put an object behind the gas pedal so you don't go past 90% throttle. This will eliminate the fake shifting that drops the boost when the RPM dips. Thanks. Will try.
Here's a video on how to set it correctly.

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Thanks for the video! Loved the watch, great information for sure. Will definitely give that trick a try.
I made a video on how to do it correctly take a look,

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huh? This is a cvt, there's no gears here. This is with 87% tps , look at how it stays to the highest rpm WITHOUT SHIFTING.

Awesome, have you every measured 100-200 Km/h with dragy?

Edit:
I just saw your draggy is set to mph not km/hr

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
There’s an element of deviation with those apps, isn’t there? All I know is, accelerating from an intersection near my home to a known point, I’m going faster using D, S and L respectively.

Sorry, @Sall , never watched the races or paid much attention. Was never much into the ‘drag’ scene. Did a couple of Solo2 AutoX runs with my Talon, though…

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Awesome, have you every measured 100-200 Km/h with dragy?

Edit:
I just saw your draggy is set to mph not km/hr
Unfortunately no I haven't done 100-200km, I'm mostly focused on 0-60 and 1/4 mile, yeah it's set to mph because most people always ask what's my 0-60 times, and 60mph is not 100km .so my time would be a bit worse if I went with km for the 0-100

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Hey guys, I made a full breakdown of everything I have on my 1.5 cvt touring, thoughts, problems recommendation etc. Also a trick to make your car a tiny bit faster. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks.
Could the low speed jerkiness from TPS be from the "Rev Hang disabled" setting? i heard cruise control switched on helps with this issue

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Could the low speed jerkiness from TPS be from the "Rev Hang disabled" setting? i heard cruise control switched on helps with this issue
He has a CVT. No rev hang to disable. :cool:
Sponsored