Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Hi all! I'm new to the community and I'm going to be picking up my new White Orchid Civic EX on Monday... With that being said, I'm already looking into physical upgrades that might be worth getting. What are some upgrades that you would suggest that are pretty cheap and worth the investment? As of now I'm looking into getting:
Replacing interior and front lights with LED lights
Clear or smoked side markers (not sure which would look better with white)
Door sill protectors
Plastic bumper protectors (possibly)
Dashcam

With that being said, what are your thoughts? This is my first new car and I'm not very savvy with cars so I would only be able to do basic upgrades myself.
Thanks!
Do the Hondata software upgrade for the turbo
Sponsored

BMO

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Thanks for the info. But isn't LED's better?
Alot of people switch from Halogen to LED then to HID. The LED perform worst than the halogen since it throws light at a shorter distance. This is the general reason people go to HID.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Alot of people switch from Halogen to LED then to HID. The LED perform worst than the halogen since it throws light at a shorter distance. This is the general reason people go to HID.
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. Hmm, I guess I'll have to do some research and re-evaluation on what to do. So for the HID, what do you recommend. I want something that will match my LED headlights as far as brightness. Any suggestions???

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
LED's have come a long way and aren't just shite ebay cree chips anymore. The new philips lumiled ones easily beat my halogens in rain / snow. Get what you pay for but I see no need for HIDs anymore.

OP
OP

TdoggTL

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
The only thing you really need in these cars are a headlight upgrade and maybe some tints if you live in a hot climate or paint protection if you plan to daily it and care about the paint.

Civic headlights are trash: http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/honda/civic-4-door-sedan/2017
What would be the best "plug and play" headlights to install? I know nothing about cars and don't really want to be messing around with my car and accidentally break something... From my understanding with HID lights they have to be installed specially or something along those lines instead of just plugging them in... If else, is it difficult to install HID lights?

Last edited:

BMO

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. Hmm, I guess I'll have to do some research and re-evaluation on what to do. So for the HID, what do you recommend. I want something that will match my LED headlights as far as brightness. Any suggestions???
I just installed Morimoto Elite HID, instructions are clear and there a picture diagram. Plug and play install, worth the money. Just make sure to reaim your headlights. I had to lower my unit by 4 inches. If money a issue, Opt7 and Xenon Depot also a good brand to go by.

Last edited:

BMO

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What would be the best "plug and play" headlights to install? I know nothing about cars and don't really want to be messing around with my car and accidentally break something... From my understanding with HID lights they have to be installed specially or something along those lines instead of just plugging them in... If else, is it difficult to install HID lights?
I just installed Morimoto Elite HID, instructions are clear and there a picture diagram. Plug and play install, worth the money. Just make sure to reaim your headlights. I had to lower my unit by 4 inches. If money a issue, Opt7 and Xenon Depot also a good brand to go by.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all! I'm new to the community and I'm going to be picking up my new White Orchid Civic EX on Monday... With that being said, I'm already looking into physical upgrades that might be worth getting. What are some upgrades that you would suggest that are pretty cheap and worth the investment? As of now I'm looking into getting:
Replacing interior and front lights with LED lights
Clear or smoked side markers (not sure which would look better with white)
Door sill protectors
Plastic bumper protectors (possibly)
Dashcam

With that being said, what are your thoughts? This is my first new car and I'm not very savvy with cars so I would only be able to do basic upgrades myself.
Thanks!
I am also new to here, got my civic HB sport couple weeks ago. Already spent quite abit of money.
Already spent on:
- I did order LED headlight, havent install it yet so cant review.
- I also order yellow fog led for it.
- Swap all interior light to LED
- Ceramic Tint window
- Ordered Eibach lower spring
- Drilled brake rotor
- Injen CAI (Trying to return for PRL Cobra)
- Type R front lip
- Type R steering wheel
- Interior leather upgrade
- Smoke LED sign marker
- Weathertech mat
- Honda Trunk mat
- Ceramic Paint Coating
- Mugen rain visor

Going to get:
- roof wrapped gross black
- Ktuner
- PRL / RV6 Downpipe & Front Pipe
- Caliper painted

Want to have:
- PRL Intercooler
- Brembo brake kit
- two front race seats
- A set of 16" or 17" rim for Snow tires.

The lists are long, my pocket is too shadow!!

BMO

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LED's have come a long way and aren't just shite ebay cree chips anymore. The new philips lumiled ones easily beat my halogens in rain / snow. Get what you pay for but I see no need for HIDs anymore.
Your milage may vary especially with lights. The good thing is that you can return the product if you don't like it. I tried a OPT7 LED kit myself and it was brighter than the halogen but the distance it threw were the roughly the same to me. That's why I returned it and went for a HID kit.

jeffasaul

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan - Aegean Blue - Her name is "Azora"
Country flag
I have my EX'18 Sedan about 6mos. Here is what I have added:

• OEM Splashguards
  • Door edge guard trim
  • Replaced side markers with Smoked. Looks awesome on my Aegean Blue.
  • Replaced internal lights, trunk light, and license plate with LED bulbs.
  • Husky floor liners
  • Trunk mat
  • Blue background badge for steering wheel
  • Added 'carbon fiber' accents to steering wheel (lower T), and the 'U' around the gear shifter
  • Added 'chrome' accents to top of gear shifter, door handle bowls, and tweeters.
  • Complete set of rubber liners for cup holders/dash/door pockets, etc.; had to buy 2 different sets because 1st set omitted the lower rear door compartments and back seat armrest cupholder; which were the entirety of the 2nd set.
Haven't decided if I am getting any other accents. I think anything else would require tinkering which I am not sure I want to do.

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Morimoto Elite HID kit from The Retrofit Source for my low beams and it's a night and day difference between them and the halogens. Easily the best 'upgrade' I have done to my hatch yet. Tons of throw and the crisp white light is much more pleasing.

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
I am also new to here, got my civic HB sport couple weeks ago. Already spent quite abit of money.
Already spent on:
- I did order LED headlight, havent install it yet so cant review.
- I also order yellow fog led for it.
- Swap all interior light to LED
- Ceramic Tint window
- Ordered Eibach lower spring
- Drilled brake rotor
- Injen CAI (Trying to return for PRL Cobra)
- Type R front lip
- Type R steering wheel
- Interior leather upgrade
- Smoke LED sign marker
- Weathertech mat
- Honda Trunk mat
- Ceramic Paint Coating
- Mugen rain visor

Going to get:
- roof wrapped gross black
- Ktuner
- PRL / RV6 Downpipe & Front Pipe
- Caliper painted

Want to have:
- PRL Intercooler
- Brembo brake kit
- two front race seats
- A set of 16" or 17" rim for Snow tires.

The lists are long, my pocket is too shadow!!
What did you use for the leather upgrade for the interior?

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What did you use for the leather upgrade for the interior?
You can buy the oem leather replacements for all the interior pieces and just swap them out. That's the best way to go.
Sponsored