First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking into doing exhaust and cold air intake, but what other upgrades could I do to the 2.0L engine with CVT transmission and paddle shifters.
Any advice is much appreciated.

Also looking for anything cool/decent I can do with the head unit in the car. Apps and such.

Honda Civic 10th gen New 2020 Civic Sport Sedan upgrades? IMG_20200320_114826113
Sponsored

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
KTuner if performance is your biggest priority, you won't regret it. If you're into cosmetics you could look at chrome delete, fog light laminx tint, mud guards, smoked side markers, etc.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Second on KTuner, best performance upgrade you can do your car. RV6 also sells a catless or catted downpipe for the 2.0 if you're interested.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Great looking car bro! You could do Ktuner, cold air intake, exhaust for sure but I'd definitely recommend staying on the conservative side with performance stuff especially since it's the 2.0/CVT so don't go too overboard. Read some posts by @gtman and start from there he's one of the most knowledgable on the topic here. Otherwise you could look into lighter wheels, stickier tires, coilovers, sway bars etc to improve handling and keep the car more stable. Lots of places you can go from here. Congrats on the new car and welcome to the gang!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SethCarley

SethCarley

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
KTuner if performance is your biggest priority, you won't regret it. If you're into cosmetics you could look at chrome delete, fog light laminx tint, mud guards, smoked side markers, etc.

Is the ktuner basically plug and go type deal, or do I need to search for mapping to install to it? I had a power commander for my motorcycle, and they had uploaded maps online for me to download to it from people already having theirs Dyno tested and all.

Thanks for the fast feedback.

OP
OP
SethCarley

SethCarley

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Second on KTuner, best performance upgrade you can do your car. RV6 also sells a catless or catted downpipe for the 2.0 if you're interested.
I'll definitely check out the exhaust and ktuner. Thanks man.

OP
OP
SethCarley

SethCarley

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great looking car bro! You could do Ktuner, cold air intake, exhaust for sure but I'd definitely recommend staying on the conservative side with performance stuff especially since it's the 2.0/CVT so don't go to overboard. Read some posts by @gtman and start from there he's one of the most knowledgable on the topic here. Otherwise you could look into lighter wheels, stickier tires, coilovers, sway bars etc to improve handling and keep the car more stable. Lots of places you can go from here. Congrats on the new car and welcome to the gang!
Thank you man. I'll definitely check out everything you mentioned.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Is the ktuner basically plug and go type deal, or do I need to search for mapping to install to it?
Basically, you set a few tweaks to the included base tune, upload it to your ECU (via your OBDII port) and you are good to go. It offers a nice bump in power and throttle response for your 2.0NA engine.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civicx-2-0l-tuning-big-gains-confirmed-for-the-second-time.17353/

Honda Civic 10th gen New 2020 Civic Sport Sedan upgrades? IMG_20200325_081711-01

You can also monitor things via the cool Tunerview app. The lite version of the app can actually be installed to your head unit via Honda Hack.

Honda Civic 10th gen New 2020 Civic Sport Sedan upgrades? 196A4C1D-66E0-46B3-B297-94A1FE2E1B2B

Last edited:
OP
OP
SethCarley

SethCarley

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Basically, you set a few tweaks to the included base tune, upload it to your ECU (via your OBDII port) and you are good to go. It offers a nice bump in power and throttle response for your 2.0NA engine.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civicx-2-0l-tuning-big-gains-confirmed-for-the-second-time.17353/

IMG_20200325_081711-01.jpeg

You can also monitor things via the cool Tunerview app. The lite version of the app can actually be installed to your head unit via Honda Hack.

196A4C1D-66E0-46B3-B297-94A1FE2E1B2B.jpeg

That's awesome man! Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely look into the ktuner then.
About the Honda hack, does that void any warranty of the car if I do it?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
About the Honda hack, does that void any warranty of the car if I do it?
Technically, it possibly does, but there's a way to hide it for dealer visits. :cool:

OP
OP
SethCarley

SethCarley

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Technically, it possibly does, but there's a way to hide it for dealer visits. :cool:
I would need to figure out how to hide it so I don't get screwed on my extended warranty. Lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
SethCarley

SethCarley

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the same car, this basically makes the car smoother around corners and prevents body rolling when your going really fast, I think you would feel it probably at 100+ mph.

So then anything under 100, I wouldn't notice better handling of turns or anything?
Sponsored