MT only shifting while cruise control is engaged.

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's adaptive. If you're crusining in 80 and need to slow down to 60 then back up to 80 when the jam clears, it'll do it automatically but you need to shift at some point.
Ok, cool. I don't think my car (LX hatch) has adaptive cruise. Anyway, I would just cancel the cruise then hit resume when things open up...

Im always downshifting to 5th/4th when climbing hills in cruise on the highway
4th gear going 75-80?
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Ok, cool. I don't think my car (LX hatch) has adaptive cruise. Anyway, I would just cancel the cruise then hit resume when things open up...

4th gear going 75-80?
If the hill is steep, yes. Climbing a hill or mountain in 6th gear cruise control is no different than accelerating hard on flat ground. Something you want to avoid in overdriven gears as it puts a lot of strain on your clutch assembly and drivetrain.

If done right, you’ll get better fuel economy climbing hills in lower gears. It takes some practice and shifting at the right time.

If it’s just a little baby hump in the road, no big deal. But a small incline or hill going up to a bridge, 5th gear. If it’s a good climb, 4th gear 4000 RPM absolutely.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I accidentally noticed that when I clutch while cruising, the revs stay put and the cruise control does not disengage. So you can accelerate to speed and set the speed while in 5th, then shift to 6th and it will stay put! Has any other MT driver's noticed this????
Yep ... as I was driving it home. Engaged the clutch, thinking it would turn off the cruise control ... and it didn't.

However, if you hold the clutch in long enough, it WILL disengage the cruise.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's just very weird. I was used to taping the clutch to disengage cruise! Does any one know if other manufactures do this?
My last couple European cars did this.

I guess bevause it's adaptive there's actually a scenario where you'd want to change gears without totally turning it off. Any car I've had in the past had standard cruise so if you're hitting the clutch you need to take control.
My 2019 R w/o adaptive cruise does it too though.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My last couple European cars did this.

My 2019 R w/o adaptive cruise does it too though.

Ah, well then I guess the guy above about cruising up hills etc. was more on point.
Sponsored