First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
OP, maybe try a run at say E30 blend & see how things look
Not a bad idea. Maybe the coil packs aren’t able to burn the E50.. currently in a full tank right know so it’ll be a little while until that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Luv_alan

Luv_alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So this isn't a diagnosis but some observations. At this point ask your tuner what they think based on a couple things I'm noticing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Misfire Cylinder 1 & 3 Screenshot 2024-01-18 081900

1. You're consistently overshooting your WOT boost targets by 2-3 psi.

2, Your short term trims are fluctuating a bit more than I'd like to see.

3. You appear to have an issue where long term trims aren't being calculated.

4, This is a big one for me. While knock counts generally aren't a concern, I did see a real oddity on your log. At about the 1:20 mark you're just idling and knock count rises by nearly 100 over the next 30+ seconds at idle.

OP
OP
Luv_alan

Luv_alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
15-20 minutes of driving with a pull mixed in.
Not sure why I'm unable to upload the log here, I attached it to

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k1i91bbpivibblm/Datalog.kdlg/file
So this isn't a diagnosis but some observations. At this point ask your tuner what they think based on a couple things I'm noticing.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 081900.png

4, This is a big one for me. While knock counts generally aren't a concern, I did see a real oddity on your log. At about the 1:20 mark you're just idling and knock count rises by nearly 100 over the next 30+ seconds at idle.
Honestly man I’m very frustrated, I can’t seem to find the issue but something clearly is not working properly. I’ve sent him an email last night, let’s see what he replies. I really appreciate you taking a look at the log, hopefully I can resolve this soon..

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Think about adding your car to my community tuning thread.

As far as uploading logs directly into a post, just put your .kdlg file into a .zip and you're golden.

Side note: Why didn't you go with D-Rob or John Vega?

OP
OP
Luv_alan

Luv_alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Think about adding your car to my community tuning thread.

As far as uploading logs directly into a post, just put your .kdlg file into a .zip and you're golden.

Side note: Why didn't you go with D-Rob or John Vega?
ill definitely add it brother, I just need to take the time to input all the info :) I’ll get to it today after work
Sounds good I’ll zip file it next time!
Not sure man, I’ve heard that Drob is kind of a prick, and John Vega was significantly more expensive. Around $700-800 for the tune. I found Rev It Up Through the forums so I decided to give a shot

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a lot of personal interaction with John Vega and IMO not only is he a class act, no one creates a smoother tune. And honestly the few times I've interacted with Derek, he's been great.

JV's price should have been $449 based on his current etune page:
https://www.phearable.net/tuning-software/etune.html

khimaniz

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag

Screenshot 2024-01-18 081900.png

#4 here was similar for my issue along with fuel trims in the 20's too. Coolant wasn't decreasing at all and compression tests were all good. I also tried the coilovers switch and replaced the spark plugs. In the end we replaced the injectors all issues were gone. I also ran Amsoil p.i. and BG 44K just before changing the injectors.

I'm on a stock FK7 with TSP stage 1 and 77k kms running 91 from either Costco, Shell or Esso.

The codes I was getting was similar to yours too along with how random the misfires were but with them being more concentrated on one or two cylinders especially during idle, yet being almost unnoticeable during a drive.

Fuel trims are now nowhere below -5 and no more codes for over 3k kms.

OP
OP
Luv_alan

Luv_alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
#4 here was similar for my issue along with fuel trims in the 20's too. Coolant wasn't decreasing at all and compression tests were all good. I also tried the coilovers switch and replaced the spark plugs. In the end we replaced the injectors all issues were gone. I also ran Amsoil p.i. and BG 44K just before changing the injectors.

I'm on a stock FK7 with TSP stage 1 and 77k kms running 91 from either Costco, Shell or Esso.

The codes I was getting was similar to yours too along with how random the misfires were but with them being more concentrated on one or two cylinders especially during idle, yet being almost unnoticeable during a drive.

Fuel trims are now nowhere below -5 and no more codes for over 3k kms.
This is a bit reliving to hear bro. I’ll bite the bullet and get new injectors. I’m sure you’re were of a batch being discontinued, and a new one being released . Do you know if I purchase form honda today or order I’ll get the “new” injectors

OP
OP
Luv_alan

Luv_alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I've had a lot of personal interaction with John Vega and IMO not only is he a class act, no one creates a smoother tune. And honestly the few times I've interacted with Derek, he's been great.

JV's price should have been $449 based on his current etune page:
https://www.phearable.net/tuning-software/etune.html
I’m not entirely sure man, it was a year ago when i started tuning, but I’ll definitely hit up John Vega if I get a different setup. I’ve also heard DRob is very conservative
John Piero has also been someone who id highly consider tuning, aka FK8 tund

curlichfc1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I’d stick with john v or Derek. Not trying to trick you my guy, at the end of the day your choice

Last edited:

Sharpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm having issues similar to what khimaniz experienced. Pretty certain my issue is degraded injectors as I'm at 124k. My fuel trims are horrid at start up, same with misfires at idle when cold. And its definately cold here in Indiana. I just got my new set of revised injectors yesterday from the dealer after like a month of waiting. I'm hoping to swap them in sometime this weekend. Sounds like you have the same issue. Probably place an order asap as wait times seem unpredictable

khimaniz

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
This is a bit reliving to hear bro. I’ll bite the bullet and get new injectors. I’m sure you’re were of a batch being discontinued, and a new one being released . Do you know if I purchase form honda today or order I’ll get the “new” injectors
You'll definitely have to ensure you get the revamped ones as one of the dealers were trying to sell me the old ones. If what you need is the same as my FK7 then it's 06160-59B-305. Got it from Honda and told them I'm from [my mechanic shops name] so they gave me the wholesale price of $554.25 CAD taxes in.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You'll definitely have to ensure you get the revamped ones as one of the dealers were trying to sell me the old ones. If what you need is the same as my FK7 then it's 06160-59B-305.
I'm pretty sure his Si part # is 06160-5PA-305.

Although, with only 43K on the clock, I'm shocked his injectors might be shot.
Sponsored