Max Speed?

Civicfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
Has anybody hit the max advertised speed? I have hit 80MPH, but not more then that. Supposedly the car can do 125MPH max. Will the software just prevent speeds faster then that or can the car go faster. Would be a shame if they cap the speed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its definitely software limited, not my vid (and I'm not going to try to hit top speed myself) but look when he hits 125, its still climbing at a good clip that I'd assume its got at least another 10 MPH to go...

OP
OP

Civicfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
Thanks for the video. I was assuming it was software.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
its governor limited due to the H rated tires from the factory

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody hit the max advertised speed? I have hit 115MPH, but not more then that. Supposedly the car can do 125MPH max. Will the software just prevent speeds faster then that or can the car go faster. Would be a shame if they cap the speed.
The max I ever did was 100mph and even then I wanted to quickly brake because I was afraid of a cop tailing me or so. Where did you manage to hit 115? Its better if you convert to km/h..bigger numbers lol.

Hugh Jazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
The max I ever did was 100mph and even then I wanted to quickly brake because I was afraid of a cop tailing me or so. Where did you manage to hit 115? Its better if you convert to km/h..bigger numbers lol.
I'm with you. I don't want a ticket that will screw up my perfect driving record and raise my insurance rates, so I'll never know myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Civicfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
Yah I have a perfect driving record also, and would not want to mess that up. Don't speed.

Last edited:

fanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Civic EX-L 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have hit 130 before and felt a few more mph in there :ninja:

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Yah I have a perfect driving record also, and would not want to mess that up. There is a nice flat road that i'm near with clear visibility on both sides. It's always empty on the weekends and it's non residential. I'm not the Jerk that goes speeding though populated areas. I would try to hit the 125mph limit, but I start running out of road, and want enough time to brake without skidding.
If only there was a designated spot where drivers could speed all they want...with a fee of course. Then I can truly find out for myself.

As far as for the braking thing, there is a way. Its not really recommended but it'd do in tight spots. Basically just brake and shift the transmission to L. It'll downshift very hard but you won't skid it. Again, totally not recommended on your transmission.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Brakes are way more effective for stopping your car quickly. Stand on them and the ABS will do the quickest (non-racing driver) stop possible.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Brakes are way more effective for stopping your car quickly. Stand on them and the ABS will do the quickest (non-racing driver) stop possible.
If you're possibly going 90-100mph and you're about to run out of road, braking in time won't work unless you really floor it, which would then drag the tires and you'd possibly lose control. Which is why, you put the transmission in L or downshift in Paddle shift (shame the Touring doesn't have paddle shift) to help brake in time . If there's enough road, however, then standard breaking will do.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
And that's why cars have ABS - the brakes and ABS do all that for you. ABS and brake force distribution bring the tires to the adhesion limit between the tire/tires and the road surface/surfaces; stability control will keep you going in the direction you point the tires. This whole process is known as "Stab and Steer". You can downshift all you want (MT or CVT) and stop no quicker.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
That's a hold-over from the era when brakes couldn't overpower the inertia of the wheels. Most of today's cars can, so downshifting doesn't have as much of an impact on stopping distance.

And if you're going to 'run out of road', then don't take the chance! I know the car can go that fast, so I don't have to.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
I'm with you. I don't want a ticket that will screw up my perfect driving record and raise my insurance rates, so I'll never know myself.
Same here. Besides, I'm never in a hurry anymore, so finding out the top speed is not important to me.
Sponsored