• Watchers 14

K1NG J0RDAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good thing you didn't get the Touring model, I'd gladly give Honda my rain sensing wipers, wireless charger, and auto dimming rearview mirror for a $100 discount, those items are useless IMO.

I initially thought that the brake hold was a gimmick, but I have actually enjoyed it since getting used to it. I don't like electronic e-brakes, as I have them on each of my vehicles, I would rather have the good ol' handle.
Man, I drove an Accord Sport as a rental and absolutely hated the "regular" rearview mirror. That auto dimming mirror is amazing..

VancouverLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 6MT
Did not know they were mandatory by law. Guess I am not getting out of this one.
In USA as of this year, and 2018 in Canada. Even the lowly Fit DX has a backup camera. Canada also gets better equipped cars generally.
I honestly would have been okay without the virtual dash, etc but that's standard in our market for a car with air conditioning. I did add a number of things to my own LX, like factory fog lamps and some other small accessories.
I really just wish that you could do more with the virtual dash, including colour scheme, oil pressure afr etc gauge sets for gearheads, etc... Is there an app for that yet? So much yet to be tapped potential!
I'm also excited and hopeful for the Si and what it brings to the table. The sport hatches we have just begun to see are very promising!
Saved my car while on ice doing this.....car behind me was coming too fast and car ahead was slowing down....quick e brake to adjust my angle and moved over to the other lane...hard to describe to someone who hasn't done it before, but i got my wife as a witness :p
I daily drove rear wheel drive for many years. Sometimes you steer a rear wheel drive car with the throttle as much as anything else.

Last edited:

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
With an electric parking brake I think you need the hill assist. What would you do stopped on a steep hill with a car an inch behind you? I do agree that I'd prefer a normal parking brake and no hill assist though.
If you own a stick you should know how to hold the car on a hill momentarily with your left foot alone.

From my LX I would gladly ditch the back-up camera, brake hold, electric parking brake, econ mode, and auto-climate control

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

Yes, that is me as well. Great features for a lot of people but I wish I did a little more research into them beforehand.

I need to look into turning of the gas consumption/lighting feature too; The green lights that border the main digital display and turn white with "spirited driving".
Sponsored