Looks like catback is out of the option..

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
So I went to a Honda dealer today to have something checked as well as to ask about having my car tuned to be able to safely run muffler/res delete with cat back. One of the tech's there said that if the vehicle is tuned it will completely void my warranty. He told me to go online and check out Civicx 10th gen, how ironic lol. Anybody have any other options to add some sound without having to tune? No fart cannon zone.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An ECU tune voiding the engine warranty is fair but I've never heard anyone else say that a CivicX catback requires a tune.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A catback does not need an ECU tune. Having an ECU tune does not void the car's warranty. If the ECU tune is the cause of an engine problem then Honda has the right to deny the engine warranty coverage. The rest of your vehicle warranty is intact.

We have had no reports of any engine problems from any FlashPro user.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Unlike what we teased you about in your thread in the Tires & Wheel section, no, a catback won't set your car on fire.

The engine and ECU won't really care about anything beyond the catalytic convertor. The ECU may do some adjusting, but it's no big deal, and it won't try to run the engine outside of safe parameters.

It'll probably sound like shit without a muffler or resonator, but that's on you.

nsxmatt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 coupe, 2009 coupe
The only requirement to be a tech at a dealer is to have a heartbeat. Do not go off of what a tech says as being the truth. All these people saying "I heard from a tech' and so on doesn't mean anything. We have techs that have been around over 15 years I wouldn't trust to change my oil. Many are glorified parts hangers and that is all.

OP
OP
JustinXO

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
A catback does not need an ECU tune. Having an ECU tune does not void the car's warranty. If the ECU tune is the cause of an engine problem then Honda has the right to deny the engine warranty coverage. The rest of your vehicle warranty is intact.

We have had no reports of any engine problems from any FlashPro user.
What catback do you suggest?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
What catback do you suggest?
Fujitsubo RM01A FTMFW. Ran one for 7-8 years on my EP3 and loved it. No buzz, just a velvety smooth sound. Didn't sound like a straight-through design at all.

But it's not out for our cars yet, as far as I can tell; and I had to get a different header & cat to be able to bolt it up easily. And it was something like 900 smackeroos.
Sponsored