LKAS and ACC Question

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I have indicators for LKAS and ACC on all the time in my vehicle, even when those features are not activated. I was just browsing through the owners manual and it sounds like if they stay up there all the time (like it is for me) it indicates a problem with those systems. However, when I AM using LKAS or ACC they always work flawlessly.

Are these indicators always on in everyone's else car too? Am I reading the manual wrong or missing something?
Sponsored

cbreezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Accord -> '16 WOP Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can hit 'main' on the right side of your steering wheel to turn off LKAS & ACC.

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yes - they are always on so long as the features are activated (i.e. ACC or LKAS will function if cruise is engaged). It is kind of strange that the display remains on even when cruise is not turned on - however, that's seems to be how it is.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It's kinda like "dumb" cruise control in any other car.
You press "cruise" and the light comes up, but the system technically isn't on until you set your speed.
If you turn your car off with the "cruise" lit up, the next time you turn it on it'll still be on (at least it was on all my previous cars).

Same thing - if you turn the car off with "main" activated (thus lighting up ACC and LKAS), it'll be on the next time.
Sponsored