Ktunner ecu communication failed(solved)

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hello I just unboxed my new ktunner v2 and when setting it up on the computer all I get is ecu communication failed. All the ports are plugged in and idk what to do please help
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have done it just car and just pc and then both but still can’t get it to set up on pc. Ktunner itself works with the car but not the pc
Make sure its connected using a USB 3.0 port

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
First you lock the Ktuner unit to the car.

Then plug the KTuner into your computer. Make sure you're connected to the internet and then register the unit through the KTuner software. You should be good to go after that.

OP
OP
Mintmoney15

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First you lock the Ktuner unit to the car.

Then plug the KTuner into your computer. Make sure you're connected to the internet and then register the unit through the KTuner software. You should be good to go after that.
That’s what I did and after I registered it I get the ecu communication failed

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That’s what I did and after I registered it I get the ecu communication failed
And you said it doesn't work if you just use Ktuner-Car or KTuner-PC without all 3 connected at once? Is your battery maybe low? Give it a drive around or try with the ignition on?

OP
OP
Mintmoney15

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Started just reporting these. Same copy paste response on every KTuner thread, adds nothing in way of discussion.
Ok I’m gonna explain with as much detail as I can. I unboxed ktunner unlocked it and it works while plugged into the car I get rpm and boost readings so I know it works. Then I plugged it into the computer and followed ktunners video on how to set it up so I could flash. I downloaded ktunner and after I registered and click close and ktunner itself opened it said ecu communication fail and the two options were to click retry or disconnect. I tried using the retry option for about 30 minuets while checking all plugs and obd2 port. Still got the error then I came here are posted the thread.

OP
OP
Mintmoney15

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And you said it doesn't work if you just use Ktuner-Car or KTuner-PC without all 3 connected at once? Is your battery maybe low? Give it a drive around or try with the ignition on?
And it works with car and pc plugged in I get rpm and boost readings but I can’t set up ktunner on the computer to flash

OP
OP
Mintmoney15

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Ok I’m gonna explain with as much detail as I can. I unboxed ktunner unlocked it and it works while plugged into the car I get rpm and boost readings so I know it works. Then I plugged it into the computer and followed ktunners video on how to set it up so I could flash. I downloaded ktunner and after I registered and click close and ktunner itself opened it said ecu communication fail and the two options were to click retry or disconnect. I tried using the retry option for about 30 minuets while checking all plugs and obd2 port. Still got the error then I came here are posted the thread.
Try starting the whole process over.
Unlock ktuner from the car, delete and reinstall ktuner software and try setting up again.
Sponsored