Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if the internals on the c2 and c1 and c3 motors are similar. The compression of the c2 is only slightly higher. However I wouldn't be surprised if they're similar internals. And if not if they're interchangable to some degree. I may have to look into that a little. I know I keep up with a 2020 accord on a roll. Idk what he had for a motor but I kept up...
Well if you can figure something out I know I'd love to see it. It would be quite the challenge but with enough time, knowledge, and money anything is possible.

And yeah sounds like a 1.5t Accord you raced. The 10 speed 2.0t is technically as fast as a Type R in a roll race so it probably wasn't one of those.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yami-Lee555

Yami-Lee555

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx-P
Country flag
Well if you can figure something out I know I'd love to see it. It would be quite the challenge but with enough time, knowledge, and money anything is possible.

And yeah sounds like a 1.5t Accord you raced. The 10 speed 2.0t is technically as fast as a Type R in a roll race so it probably wasn't one of those.
Ya I'll be looking into it soon. Hopefully I can get ktuner this weekend.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya I'll be looking into it soon. Hopefully I can get ktuner this weekend.
While you won't see as much of a performance jump on your c2 as one does on a L15, it'll provide some benefit for sure. Combine that with a downpipe and I think you're good for 160whp and 145wtq?

OP
OP
Yami-Lee555

Yami-Lee555

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx-P
Country flag
While you won't see as much of a performance jump on your c2 as one does on a L15, it'll provide some benefit for sure. Combine that with a downpipe and I think you're good for 160whp and 145wtq?
I am under the impression the motor already makes about 160 horse. According to Hondas website.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am under the impression the motor already makes about 160 horse. According to Hondas website.
Difference between crank horsepower (what most manufacturers advertise) and wheel horsepower is how much is getting to the ground. Most cars put on the dyno tend to read differently than what the manufacturer rates them to be due to drive-train and mechanical loss. Wheel horsepower is exactly how much is making it to the ground, which is the more accurate representation of power. Here is a great example of just that. Also a great resource for you in terms of what the c2's are capable of performance wise. This also is what I referred to prior with my HP figures. Great gains to be had with a Ktuner and downpipe!

OP
OP
Yami-Lee555

Yami-Lee555

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx-P
Country flag
Difference between crank horsepower (what most manufacturers advertise) and wheel horsepower is how much is getting to the ground. Most cars put on the dyno tend to read differently than what the manufacturer rates them to be due to drive-train and mechanical loss. Wheel horsepower is exactly how much is making it to the ground, which is the more accurate representation of power. Here is a great example of just that. Also a great resource for you in terms of what the c2's are capable of performance wise. This also is what I referred to prior with my HP figures. Great gains to be had with a Ktuner and downpipe!
So basically a downpipe will help alot. I currently have exhaust and intake. So with the tune I may reach even 170 maybe? At 2500 pounds that isn't too bad.

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Not a v6 a 2.4 or sum shit 4 banger. And I don't want a 1.5 they are having alotta problems now. I heard alot of good about these k20 motors which is why I chose the 2.0 coupe over the 1.5 sedan
A lot of problems? I haven't heard of any. I'm quite enjoying mine after 50,000km at 230hp

OP
OP
Yami-Lee555

Yami-Lee555

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx-P
Country flag
A lot of problems? I haven't heard of any. I'm quite enjoying mine after 50,000km at 230hp
Look up on it. I've seen quite a few threads about them. I'm not here to talk shit on a car I chose not to for the fact I heard good on the k series. My main choice was I don't like sedans. And that's the two choices I had. My k20 coupe or a 1.5 sedan. I'm just looking for more oomph. Also 50000 kilos ain't too much. I'm at 77000 miles on my motor and only had a problem with keeping front tires with tread on it. ???

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I mean truthfully the only way you'll make something that'll truly make a hard difference beyond doing the exhaust (downpipe and all), intake and a KTuner, which total might get you close to 170whp, would be flex fuel and you might get close to 200, but honestly wouldn't be worth the hassle at that low of a number.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So basically a downpipe will help alot. I currently have exhaust and intake. So with the tune I may reach even 170 maybe? At 2500 pounds that isn't too bad.
You might could hit 170whp. And at 2,500lbs that's a pretty good AutoX or track car!

And of course, nobody should talk you down for choosing what you did. You chose what you thought was best for you, and are simply looking to make it work. Just can't expect or see the same results as what a L15 is. I'm making 230whp as well and 280wtq with a Phearable 1.5R tune, Mishimoto induction hose and a K&N air filter and I absolutely love the car except how sluggish she can be under 3kRPM. You might not make as much power as me, but you might make more reliable power than I can considering the Hatchback L15s are technically the weakest in the L15 line, and anything past where I'm at currently could result in issues. You might could get in that 170-180whp mark and be more reliable long term than I can. Only time will tell there.

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
You might could hit 170whp. And at 2,500lbs that's a pretty good AutoX or track car!

And of course, nobody should talk you down for choosing what you did. You chose what you thought was best for you, and are simply looking to make it work. Just can't expect or see the same results as what a L15 is. I'm making 230whp as well and 280wtq with a Phearable 1.5R tune, Mishimoto induction hose and a K&N air filter and I absolutely love the car except how sluggish she can be under 3kRPM. You might not make as much power as me, but you might make more reliable power than I can considering the Hatchback L15s are technically the weakest in the L15 line, and anything past where I'm at currently could result in issues. You might could get in that 170-180whp mark and be more reliable long term than I can. Only time will tell there.
Do you have an upgraded clutch? 280tq is a hell of a lot of torque on the stock clutch. Did you dyno it?

OP
OP
Yami-Lee555

Yami-Lee555

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx-P
Country flag
I mean truthfully the only way you'll make something that'll truly make a hard difference beyond doing the exhaust (downpipe and all), intake and a KTuner, which total might get you close to 170whp, would be flex fuel and you might get close to 200, but honestly wouldn't be worth the hassle at that low of a number.
I almost wonder if I can run a turbo setup off an accord having the same compression ratio I can't imagine it'd damage the engine at all...

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I almost wonder if I can run a turbo setup off an accord having the same compression ratio I can't imagine it'd damage the engine at all...
You'd need need a compatible ECU setup to run boost, if you solved that hurdle you could probably run like an 8psi setup without worrying about internals (maybe, idk the limits of that K20).

It's not really built like the old K tech is so I'm not really sure where it stands like them.

OP
OP
Yami-Lee555

Yami-Lee555

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx-P
Country flag
You'd need need a compatible ECU setup to run boost, if you solved that hurdle you could probably run like an 8psi setup without worrying about internals (maybe, idk the limits of that K20).

It's not really built like the old K tech is so I'm not really sure where it stands like them.
I'm pretty sure a whole could flash a computer. I see them doing it with new coyotes to run boost. Honda must have some way of doing it. Also what if an accord pcm worked. It's worth a shot.
Sponsored