Interior light issue

Sec126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Hi everyone! I got my 2016 LX MT coupe about 2 weeks ago. So far, I'm loving the car but I have been having a small issue the last few days.

The interior lights up front do not come on when the doors open. I feel that they did at first but stopped somewhere/somehow. The manual shows a slider switch but mine does not have that. The light in the back does.
Is there a setting/switch that I'm not seeing? I've gone through every lighting setting that I can find and this is driving me nutz. Or maybe they never came on to begin with and I imagined the whole thing.

Please help out guys!

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior light issue car
Sponsored

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone! I got my 2016 LX MT coupe about 2 weeks ago. So far, I'm loving the car but I have been having a small issue the last few days.

The interior lights up front do not come on when the doors open. I feel that they did at first but stopped somewhere/somehow. The manual shows a slider switch but mine does not have that. The light in the back does.
Is there a setting/switch that I'm not seeing? I've gone through every lighting setting that I can find and this is driving me nutz. Or maybe they never came on to begin with and I imagined the whole thing.

Please help out guys!

car.png
With the door open push up on the lens till light comes on, that's how mine work

OP
OP

Sec126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Well like I said, I'm quite sure it did when I first got it. That's whats got me so frustrated. In the manual it shows a diagram for this set of lights BUT it has a slider switch for off/door/on. Weird right??!!

OP
OP

Sec126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
With the door open push up on the lens till light comes on, that's how mine work
So maybe I imagined that it worked differently........ Seems odd that is doesnt come on like when you open the door, like every other car I've ever had.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Yes but the manual covers all 5 trims, so it may not be applicable to your specific one, although most of the times it's denoted with a * or something.

You'd have to wait until another Canadian LX owner chimes in, but yes you're right - it's such a basic, basic feature that I'm very surprised if it wasn't included in the LX.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yes but the manual covers all 5 trims, so it may not be applicable to your specific one, although most of the times it's denoted with a * or something.

You'd have to wait until another Canadian LX owner chimes in, but yes you're right - it's such a basic, basic feature that I'm very surprised if it wasn't included in the LX.
And this is and many other fit and finish points omitted is why I didn't want to be caught dead in an LX...

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
And this is and many other fit and finish points omitted is why I didn't want to be caught dead in an LX...
Now, now - that's kinda harsh.

The LX definitely has its merits.
...merits I don't fully understand myself, but others may see the value in it lol

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So maybe I imagined that it worked differently........ Seems odd that is doesnt come on like when you open the door, like every other car I've ever had.
Like others have said might be a Canadian vs US issue :dunno:

OP
OP

Sec126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
lol I feel the same way about being caught in a car with an automatic trans (blah), to each their own though I get it.

Reactions: jks

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol I feel the same way about being caught in a car with an automatic trans (blah), to each their own though I get it.
Knock Knock...Whos there um mostly CVT owners lol:respect:

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I suppose your car does not have that feature. I remember driving a basic model of courtesy Civic 2012 which did not have the same feature.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm with you. I love driving a manual transmission..........................but I absolutely love this CVT lol
Sponsored