CivicXander

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
His fuse is for the interior lights(dome, map, trunk light)
His Android should defiantly not be on that blowing fuse... the radio has it's own fuse.
He also should not have put any power requirements for the Ethonol sensor or tuner on that fuse as well.

1st place I would look would be the Trunk Light, if the light is on the actual moving trunk part. If so, somehow the cable has to go between the car frame & the moving trunk, and will therefore be flexing etc. and could have got damaged.

It is assumed that this fault occurred some time AFTER you installed the radio, tuner & the sensor, and that before the fuse started blowing, that those 3 additions were working ok. ?
Yeah it's definitely not a critical issue, I've been without interior lights for awhile now and just never had to time to diagnose again lol. Those mods were working and still are but they're on separate fuses like you said. I mentioned it because I wasn't sure if the dealer would void my warranty for that. I'll probably try to test the amps going through the fuse and try to find which other fuse is relevant to it.
Sponsored

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Do you have fog lights? Apparently they are powered from this fuse. If you don't maybe the unused connector in the wiring harness has gotten wet and is grounded.

OP
OP
CivicXander

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have fog lights? Apparently they are powered from this fuse. If you don't maybe the unused connector in the wiring harness has gotten wet and is grounded.
I do have fogs, they're still working fine.

OP
OP
CivicXander

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OK after testing with a voltmeter I've determined the short is from the hot side which means it's inside the fuse box itself. I'd test the amps but my Multimeter can't do above 10Amps.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OK after testing with a voltmeter I've determined the short is from the hot side which means it's inside the fuse box itself. I'd test the amps but my Multimeter can't do above 10Amps.

A short is alway on the hot side that is why a fuse blow. The bad news, you did not find anything new. I' m sorry for you .:(

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
OK.. time to take your car to the Dealer, or to someone that know what they are doing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT set your meter to 10Amp range and start probing about anywhere, looking for 10 Amps. That's NOT how it works, and you will do some severe damage.

If you set you meter to 10Amp, effectively your meter leads are a SHORT CIRCUIT, so if you put them across any voltage, you will CREATE A SHORT.

FYI: From everything you have said, your short is NOT before the fuse, because it blows the fuse !!
Yes, it could be in one of the two fuse boxes, but the short is AFTER the fuse that blows, and is NOT on the battery side of the fuse .. it's on the load side.

PLEASE .. get some professional help .. nobody wants to see you posting a picture like this in the forum.
Honda Civic 10th gen Need help with interior light issue honda_civic_1350

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1- Electricity need some knowledge more than plug a meter
2- Electricity trouble shouting need knowledge.
3- Car electricity need knowledge

You can have this knowledge just reading a car forum.
Sponsored