Intercooler Install with AutoCruiseControl Radar

GulfCoastSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey yall,

I've been building my 2020 Si Coupe for a while now, and I plan on installing an intercooler this weekend. My concern is that I have seen how expensive it is to recalibrate the radar sensor in the front bumper, and I was wondering if a recalibration would be necessary after installing an intercooler as the front bumper has to be removed.

Thanks to any help
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
If you don’t hit something or mess something up. No, you don’t need to. You would pretty much almost consciously have to knock something hard to do that damage and cause.

Otherwise, this is bolt on. Hardest part is removal of bumper and fitment of intercooler. Both of which are not difficult.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Think of recalibration as basically pointed in the right direction to receive or send the radar waves.
You'll see how the unit's mounted when you get in there. Just don't disturb the mount.
The radar unit has locating pins that position it in it's spring mount.
Mine got knocked out of place when I bumped into a parking curb. Even after I repositioned the unit in the locating pins, it took a few drive cycles after that before the dash lights went out.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
No recalibration is needed. During my intercooler install I accidentally bumped the radar but only enough to make it shake for a moment - I didn’t bend or really upset anything. It’s not as easily disturbed as you might fear. You’ll be fine as long as you’re not attacking it like a drunken gorilla.

OP
OP
GulfCoastSi

GulfCoastSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just wanted to say thanks for all of the responses! It's made me much less nervous!

r0b0yt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Coupe, '98 Integra GS-R Hatch
Country flag
Hey yall,

I've been building my 2020 Si Coupe for a while now, and I plan on installing an intercooler this weekend. My concern is that I have seen how expensive it is to recalibrate the radar sensor in the front bumper, and I was wondering if a recalibration would be necessary after installing an intercooler as the front bumper has to be removed.

Thanks to any help
As everyone has said, as long as you don't mess with it everything will be fine.

It's way off down out of the way. It's right behind the fog/grille area. That box on the right in the photo.

Honda Civic 10th gen Intercooler Install with AutoCruiseControl Radar IMG_1191.JPG
Sponsored