Injector warrenty on a 2018 Civic EX-T

triplehelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T 6 Speed Sedan
Country flag
my dash was lighting up like a christmas tree, took it to the dealer and they said it was a wheel speed sensor. i noticed a misfire code on the report they showed me, said it was all related and would be taken care of. they swapped the left rear sensor and updated the CPU. no more alerts, car drove well.

about three to four weeks later (last week) i went to start the car up on a cold morning, seemed to hesitate a very small bit but turned over, all the warnings came back, emissions, traction control, brake system, hill start and maybe one or two more. rev limited at ~44-4500 rpms. grabbed an xtool A30M and pulled the codes and am getting P0301, P0304, P0300 as well as U0401-68 (Engine Control Module (ECM) Failure), and C0037-F0 (Left rear wheel speed sensor fail, the one they just swapped out), U0416-68 and several Body Electrical codes B1227, B1225, U128D, U1064.

i'm dropping the car off to them tomorrow night to at least address the issue with the wheel speed sensor they swapped out. i'm not sure the misfires aren't plugs or coils but with so many issues with the injectors on the 10th gen civics i'm thinking it may very well be that. i contacted them and they told me if the issue isn't related to the recalled fuel pump there is no warranty coverage left, but am confused by what this list is discussing:

https://owners.honda.com/Documentum/Warranty/Partslist/2018_Honda_Civic_Sedan_APL06853.pdf

i'm in maine, 2018 civic ex-t, 38k miles. the doc seems to say the injectors are covered in maine (column B) for 7 years or 70k miles. just looking to understand where i stand before i get a diagnosis back from them.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Have you checked the battery voltage? Low battery voltage can cause the christmas tree as all systems start failing due to the low voltage.

OP
OP

triplehelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you checked the battery voltage? Low battery voltage can cause the christmas tree as all systems start failing due to the low voltage.
yeah, was just under 12 when the issue first happened a few months ago, so i replaced it just in case there was an issue with it straight voltage check wasn't showing with no effect. the A30M i used to pull the codes reported it at 12v tuesday when i pulled them.

i think they are going to try and pin it on the fuel pump that has the service bulletin as i was told they just got the solution approved in the last few weeks for the new pump but they are in short supply. i haven't gotten a report with a request to approve anything though, and can't get the woman handling my case on the phone or to reply to my texts so not sure what to make of the whole thing. told them i needed it back by friday night because i work at 4am on saturday, and i can't get an actual communication so i'm typing this as i wait for my uber to pick me up.

OP
OP

triplehelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if anyone stumbles on this later and has a similar question about the warranty coverage of the parts listed in the doc above based on being in a state with the extended federal emissions coverage, they did isolate the issue as my injectors, and the service/replacement is being done under warranty.

they weren't able to get me the fuel pump that has the service bulletin on it, so i'll have to bring it in at a later date to get that swapped.