Should I get extended warranty on a used 2016 EX-T Civic?

civicext2016

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX-T
Hi all,

Apologies for the specific post. I've read through some great threads on the 2016 Civics and the EX-T's and seen tons of great posts and comments on how well the car has done with standard maintenance but was troubled by some of the research on CVT transmissions and infotainment.

I purchased a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T which was a one-user, no accident, 35K miles for ~$16K, so pretty happy with the price but given it's got 1k miles before the Honda 3/36 warranty is gone, was given a window to shop around for an extended warranty from the local Honda dealer, who offered me 6 yrs, 70K more miles (105 total) for $3000 for a platinum package - CVT, Engine, Infotainment, etc.

I know these guys work at the margins - anything I should think about when considering the offer and if I should take it? I will likely want the car for 3-4 years at a minimum.

Thanks again and apologies if there's something on this - I couldn't find extended warranty posts for used civics but then again, I'm new and don't know the site as well yet.
Sponsored

Ghibli_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Always get it. I got it for mine, same situation, same miles and purchases but I bought it almost a year ago. If anything comes up I'll be taken care of it by the excellent warranty that I got. I didnt pay 3k... More like 1600, but thats upt to you. I'd try to see if you could get it from another provider. 3k sounds like way to much to me.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
$3 K :doh:

How many issue you can fix with that amount ...if car ever need some.

boston7686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid like $900 for 10 yr/100k miles for my Type R

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3000$??? You can rebuild half car for that money.
I got 2 years additional warranty from Honda for 170$
Ok, i'm not in america but the original price of the car and the spare parts are exactly the same
Sponsored