Inconsistency on the front of the hood

derflinger

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 2019 Sport Plus
Hello guys! recently I recently purchased this car (it was preowned). After a couple days I noticed some inconsistency on the separation of the front hood, and now I cant stop looking at it. Is it possible to adjust the position of that part so it makes a consistent separation? Thank you.
Honda Civic 10th gen Inconsistency on the front of the hood civic
Sponsored

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
There's a rubber stopper you can adjust under the hood.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
take the plastic shroud thats around the latch off. loosen the 2 10mm and 2 12mm bolts from the spider h beam the bumper would be clipped to. push the passenger side to the rear, and the driver side towards the front and tighten down the bolts. see if that works. how are the lines along the fenders and hood?

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
It is quite strange that the previous owner left it as it was. It's so apparent.

Unless it's a wrecked car and the adjustment for the front will cause a misfit on one side?

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Hello guys! recently I recently purchased this car (it was preowned). After a couple days I noticed some inconsistency on the separation of the front hood, and now I cant stop looking at it. Is it possible to adjust the position of that part so it makes a consistent separation? Thank you.
civic.png
Can't tell from the picture if the hood is sitting lower on the drivers side or the plastic piece in the front is pushed back into the hood and making that gap smaller? Or the small piece in front is pushed up and sitting higher than the hood.

OP
OP
derflinger

derflinger

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 2019 Sport Plus
Can't tell from the picture if the hood is sitting lower on the drivers side or the plastic piece in the front is pushed back into the hood and making that gap smaller? Or the small piece in front is pushed up and sitting higher than the hood.
The plastic piece in the front is pushed back on the side of the driver, you know how to mount that correctly again?
Sponsored