First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring, 2007 Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I messed around with tuning the bass on my 17 touring today, it has two separate controls, it looks like you can turn the gain up and down for the sub itself, and then it appears you can control how much bass is being put out by the content itself. It appears to respond better if you turn the sub itself down while turning the bass in the signal up. The bass actually sounds ok and appears to be able to go deeper when I do this, im guessing having the gain on the woofer turned up is just overwhelming it. This appears to largely fix the rattle problem as well.
Sponsored

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I messed around with tuning the bass on my 17 touring today, it has two separate controls, it looks like you can turn the gain up and down for the sub itself, and then it appears you can control how much bass is being put out by the content itself. It appears to respond better if you turn the sub itself down while turning the bass in the signal up. The bass actually sounds ok and appears to be able to go deeper when I do this, im guessing having the gain on the woofer turned up is just overwhelming it. This appears to largely fix the rattle problem as well.
Just curious, what "number" settings did you ultimately settle on?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would love to see your setting numbers on the audio as well. I'm debating whether or not to put in my sub and amp from my old Accord

OP
OP
Dragon Systems

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, here it is, I did a video showing exactly what I did with a bit of explanation as to exactly why I did it how I did, it is worth nothing there is only so much you can do with it as the speakers Honda used are pure unadulterated garbage(Honda, im talking to you guys, very disappointed about this) anyway, here ya go

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Regarding DTS Neural Surround, it sounds like to get the best benefit, you have to encode the source audio with it and then it can extract 5.1 discrete channels of audio. It's used in certain HD radio broadcasts.

For example: https://www.americanpublicmedia.org/dts/

Last edited:

OP
OP
Dragon Systems

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If only it could read Flac... then I would be happy...

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Didn't someone else also post their settings here? I was trying to look for it but now I can't seem to find it

OP
OP
Dragon Systems

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did not find anything on a quick glance which is why I posted after messing around with it all day today. Even this only gets it to acceptable though... honestly, I get it... the Touring only costs like $3Kish more if you find the right deal than an EX-L, and for that you get LED headlights, heated rear seats, the audio system, better wheels, and I think a few other things, BUT that being said, I really feel like the audio system in these cars falls under the category of, if you cant do it right, dont do it at all, I mean, really wish they would have partnered with JL or some other big name brand to create something just for the car, I mean seriously, what big name in audio wouldnt want to partner with Honda to create a powerful sound system for the number 1 car in America, and many other places?? When I worked at Ford we had partnered with I think it was Kenwood or Alpine to get a system just for the F150 that car toys did install on us on.... grrrr

OP
OP
Dragon Systems

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, it is worth mentioning that in about 8 hours in the car since tuning it in this way the bass has hit as hard I could possibly expect, and actually with it tuned like this I think the bass I am getting is coming a lot more from the front and rear speakers than before, also, I have not heard the rear deck rattle a single time.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have been trying out your settings and I like the sound. To me it sounds warmer in the midbass, which I feel is one area where the system is lacking. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Dragon Systems

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you turn up the bass I think it is feeding more bass to the speakers rather than just the sub. I also think the sub is set from the factory to a higher bass level than it can perform, in fact, I find that if I turn it back up im not actually hearing an increase in bass. I also think it has the side effect of fixing the rattle because I think the rattle noise is a byproduct of overwhelming the woofer, as well as maybe related to like frequencies at which stuff vibrates or something like that

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
DTS neural actually decreases the bass. I just turned DTS Neural and very happy with the system. I fixed the rattling by sticking a microfiber cloth from an opening in between the rear deck metal and the rear deck plastic from the trunk. I've got the SI so my 3rd brake light is on the wing not the deck.
Sponsored