2018 Civic Touring Sport Audio Quality?

jliebert

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
My first post and my first Civic. Just purchased last week and 2018 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback, fully loaded. I noticed the sound isn't that great. I figured it would sound wonderful considering the tweeters and the amount of speakers the car has. I went through the audio settings and all seemed to be okay and even messed around with it some. Is this a common complaint or is there a setting I am missing? What setting do you prefer for good audio? Thanks!
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
My first post and my first Civic. Just purchased last week and 2018 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback, fully loaded. I noticed the sound isn't that great. I figured it would sound wonderful considering the tweeters and the amount of speakers the car has. I went through the audio settings and all seemed to be okay and even messed around with it some. Is this a common complaint or is there a setting I am missing? What setting do you prefer for good audio? Thanks!
I think the higher end OEM system sounds great, really depends on what kind of music you listen too. If you want to feel bass in your chest its not gonna happen. For rock and Pop tho its great

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I set mine with bass, mids, and treble all flat, and with the sub turned all the way up. The sub channel backs off at high volume by design anyway, so turning it up is just to hear it at moderate-to-low volume. I also have the "neural surround" turned off.

It's okay, I guess. It gets a little congested at high volume levels, though.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMO Satellite sounds acceptable, at best, no matter what setting. FM is okay. HD sounds pretty good when it stays connected. Using Bluetooth/Android Auto/Carplay makes a bigger difference than trying to tune the system with the very limited option featureset.

My 2 cents is that for what the Civic is, it works pretty well.

gkh

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have had the same model for several months... and although sound can be subjective, if I am keeping this car (which I plan on doing)... I wanted a good sound system... and the OEM 450w system is far from it! After playing with the controls, the quickest (and cleanest) solution is to upgrade the speakers! The stock speakers have an extremely small magnet in all four doors... and that limits how the HU amp performs. Replacing them will change the frequency profile and sound quality... providing for much greater depth... in the mid-range and bass (which is lacking).
Crutchfield has been great to work with... and they have a fairly inexpensive solution... especially if you self-install.

VeriSkye1123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback
Country flag
With the bass roll off. Harsh tweeters and the horrible valley in the crossover settings. If you're serious about audio your best bet is to replace.
Sponsored