HPF front lip

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
One thing I hate about the HFP lip is the only thing holding the middle part are double sided tapes. They stop sticking after about two weeks. I installed mine at a Honda dealer and they redo it twice already. Finally I gave up and have a body shop made a little harness for me.
i thought only mine did this! i had it installed at the dealer over winter and a few weeks ago it started sagging bad in the middle. i used gorilla tape but don't think it'll last
Sponsored

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i thought only mine did this! i had it installed at the dealer over winter and a few weeks ago it started sagging bad in the middle. i used gorilla tape but don't think it'll last
I was really frustrated. I’m wondering if anybody’s lip stay up for a long time without any extra support.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I was really frustrated. I’m wondering if anybody’s lip stay up for a long time without any extra support.
you're the first i've heard with the issue. i haven't bothered taking it back to Honda. maybe if it's persistent

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
you're the first i've heard with the issue. i haven't bothered taking it back to Honda. maybe if it's persistent
They tried to tell me it was my fault, but I told them to check the lip for any damages in the middle that could have make it sag. They couldnt find any and fix it for me. It was the dealership that install it in the first place.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't had any issues yet. I've had mine three months. Greddy has some options if you want something larger/something color matched/something carbon fiber. I do not like the look of the Type R lip an Si, especially one that does not fit properly, but to each his own. http://www.greddy.com/products/Special Vehicles/10g-civic/

Last edited:

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't had any issues yet. I've had mine three months. Greddy has some options if you want something larger/something color matched/something carbon fiber. I do not like the look of the Type R lip an Si, especially one that does not fit properly, but to each his own. http://www.greddy.com/products/Special Vehicles/10g-civic/
Looks are all subjective. The Type R lip on the Si Looks bad if installed with the gaps, but looks pretty nice for those who manged to eliminate them.

The Greddy one looks decent, but would have preferred if it was a bit more flat. The curvature just makes a double lip stand out. I do like the subtle sides skirt they have in the picture, but they don't have one listed? Anyone know if that is an item they sell?

Honda Civic 10th gen HPF front lip 2018-08-09 09_57_33-GReddy

Genuine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
For you guys with the HFP lip, how much lower does it make the front end? Any issues with scraping on an incline/decline? Obviously wouldn't take the slope straight on but just curious. Thanks!

Steadyhands

First Name
Deez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It doesnt do much to lower the car. Im in NY and Im thinking of getting Sportlines. Thanks for the feedback. I just installed it yesterday.

Honda Civic 10th gen HPF front lip 20180809_143538