Zeee

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen how to wire aftermarket speakers using factory wiring F7CED6E5-8239-4AEC-A999-345EB701CDAD

solved- I messed up

2019 civic EX hatchback, basic sound system, bigger screen factory head unit- help I am stumped and probably measuring wrong. The original speaker had the 4 wires going into the same harness. When the radio is on all 3 pairs of wire receive an audio signal, even with the 4 lower wires separated.
I have a brick crossover and Iā€™m trying to keep it clean and use the factory wiring from
The brick to the tweeters, but I donā€™t think I can do that if they are receiving an input signal from somewhere else, but I have no idea where it is coming from.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There are plug and play harnesses.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
F7CED6E5-8239-4AEC-A999-345EB701CDAD.jpeg

2019 civic EX hatchback, basic sound system, bigger screen factory head unit- help I am stumped and probably measuring wrong. The original speaker had the 4 wires going into the same harness. When the radio is on all 3 pairs of wire receive an audio signal, even with the 4 lower wires separated.
I have a brick crossover and Iā€™m trying to keep it clean and use the factory wiring from
The brick to the tweeters, but I donā€™t think I can do that if they are receiving an input signal from somewhere else, but I have no idea where it is coming from.
This should be straight forward. Just remember when measuring an audio signal use AC not DC.

OP
OP

Zeee

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
How about getting the schematic first
I am struggling to find it :( the schematics I could find didnā€™t have the matching pink/gray wire pair for the driver door. Although now that Iā€™m not sitting in the heat it occurred to me any schematic regardless of color could clue me in to how itā€™s arranged šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP

Zeee

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
See if this helps
Sweet! Found the setup I have, but still confused. I severed the connection between the tweeter and speaker at the speaker connection (shown in the original post) but the tweeter is still receiving signal and according to the diagram that shouldnā€™t be possible. Itā€™s as if thereā€™s a separate T somewhere feeding it signal. The curious part of me wants to strip it all back and see what the heck is going on and the lazy part of me saying abandon it and run a separate wire šŸ˜‚
Honda Civic 10th gen how to wire aftermarket speakers using factory wiring D1EF09D7-849A-4EBB-A27E-7B1E07F89823

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
Don't forget: if the tweeters are still getting any signal from the cables, there might be a source feeding them. And the source is probably only throwing the high frequency signals out which are missing in the Mid/Low speaker cables.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Sweet! Found the setup I have, but still confused. I severed the connection between the tweeter and speaker at the speaker connection (shown in the original post) but the tweeter is still receiving signal and according to the diagram that shouldnā€™t be possible. Itā€™s as if thereā€™s a separate T somewhere feeding it signal. The curious part of me wants to strip it all back and see what the heck is going on and the lazy part of me saying abandon it and run a separate wire šŸ˜‚
D1EF09D7-849A-4EBB-A27E-7B1E07F89823.jpeg
You had it in your first post. The two wires at the bottom that have continuity to the top are the tweeter wires.

When you say the tweeters wires at the top have ā€œsignalā€ with all the wires separated; how are you measuring that ā€œsignalā€?

OP
OP

Zeee

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
You had it in your first post. The two wires at the bottom that have continuity to the top are the tweeter wires.

When you say the tweeters wires at the top have ā€œsignalā€ with all the wires separated; how are you measuring that ā€œsignalā€?
Welp. I went and checked it again and this time everything worked as expected. The only thing I can think of is that I fat fingered the probe. On the plus side that pdf is going to come in handy in the future! Thanks for the help everyone!
Sponsored