How to properly remove 10th Gen COUPE door panel?

samguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Anyone able to provide info on how to remove right passenger side door panel for a 2020 Si Coupe?

I need to replace the side mirror assembly I broke this winter.
Not seeing in any of the pdf's.
Not one YT vid to be found for 10th gen coupe. Seeing videos for 9th gen but it is not the same design.

Would be very grateful for direction, thank you.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

After you take out the screws, the door panel pops out pretty easily if you just pull on the edges, starting down by the speaker.

Last edited:

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Do yourself a favor and go buy a few spare green pop pins/rivets. Get the OEM; not the stuff at the auto parts stores or Wal Mart. There's always one or two that break during the process.

OP
OP
samguy

samguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

After you take out the screws, the door panel pops out pretty easily if you just pull on the edges, starting down by the speaker.
That's a 9th gen though... It is different than my door. But thank you for the thought! :)

OP
OP
samguy

samguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Do yourself a favor and go buy a few spare green pop pins/rivets. Get the OEM; not the stuff at the auto parts stores or Wal Mart. There's always one or two that break during the process.
Thank you!!! Really appreciate the heads up.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's a 9th gen though... It is different than my door. But thank you for the thought! :)
Thats a 2016, the first year of the 10th gen.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought 2017+ is 10th gen?
Still, the doors are different 2016/2020.
The doors are different between coupe/hatch/sedan. The video is the coupe. Is it really different than yours? Can i see your door?

OP
OP
samguy

samguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Please see this amazing reply I received from Alphaskoom when I reached out to him after seeing one of his how to posts. This guy should win the Civicx member of the year (IMHO)
:beer:
Really touched me how much effort he put in to help me, just one guy. What a selfless SOB. His follow up replies to me were very thought out and supportive as well. Can't say enough how much it meant to me.

you'll need a Philips and small flat head screwdriver, some masking tape. and some patience.

Put about 3-4 layers of tape on this area under the closing handle, you will Pry on this area here and the tape protects the door panel. theres a small slot above the tape where your flathead screwdriver will slide up into, push up in there slightly, and pry outward till the trim panel gets loose enough to get your fingers on it. once you get your fingers on it pull upwards on the trim as if its hinged at the top, theres a hook at the top of the trim panel where it hooks on, thats the last part to be removed and the first part where you start to reassemble it
Honda Civic 10th gen How to properly remove 10th Gen COUPE door panel? PXL_20220507_151340814

Once the trim is removed, you have 3 screws to remove, one at the bottom of the picture there, in that hole, and the other is behind the top of the trim you just removed, deep in that cavity. The Third is in the normal closing handle, under a circular cover you can use your flathead on again to pop up.

Once the 3 screws are removed, you just have the perimeter green pop clips to remove, me, i use the rear bottom of the panel, push in slightly to get a good grip and pull straight out in small distance, focused pulls. once the first clip gets popped, slowly work your way around to the next one, its usually a good idea to start at the bottom and then work your way up the back side, to the front
- Note -
do not be alarmed if green clips fall off or fly around, they just get slotted back into place easily and its common for them to fall and move around when your taking off and putting the panel on.

!! Be careful as you still have the wiring attached. should be 2-3 clips to remove from the door switch panel, standard push and pull release clips, sometimes they are temperamental, just don't pull on the wires. I usually put the rear corner of the door panel on my foot to release tension on the wires so i can reach them to remove.

Once the electronics are disconnected your done, set it off to the side, from what i recall, the speaker sails at the top are just popped into place.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to properly remove 10th Gen COUPE door panel? PXL_20210519_235937642

The Yellow square clips are where the 2 larger silver screws go, and the silver piece in the middle is where the black small screw goes from the top. after that, if your replacing the mirror, this also shows the bolts for removing the whole mirror assembly.

I never took my housing off so I don't know about what to do beyond that. but i did remove my mirror glass and replace it.

I hope this is helpful to you and not too late.

Extra pictures for reference:
Green is green clips, red is silver large screws, blue is the small black screw
Honda Civic 10th gen How to properly remove 10th Gen COUPE door panel? door panel illustrated

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought 2017+ is 10th gen?
Still, the doors are different 2016/2020.
2016-2021 is the 10th generation of all models of civic, the 10th gen si coupe/sedan was only 2017-2020. The 10th gen civic coupe (all except Si) was only 2016-2020. The 10th gen Type R was 2017-2021.
Sponsored