HondaHack Instrument Cluster!

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hey y'all, I don't think I have seen a thread about this yet, but there's a new HondaHack test version that you can install, allowing you to mirror your display to your instrument cluster!

If you already have HondaHack installed, just go to the "Install apps online" section and you can install the HondaHack Test app. Once rebooted, add the "Navigation" to your instrument cluster. More info @ http://www.autohack.org/test/

It's actually pretty cool! Here are some pics I snapped,

Honda Civic 10th gen HondaHack Instrument Cluster! IMG_9114.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen HondaHack Instrument Cluster! IMG_9113.JPG

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
Whoa this is really cool. Was it pretty simple to install hondahack? Really want to but haven't done it yet. Use to root my android phones a ton back in the day so shouldn't be to bad to do just curious how it went is all

OP
OP

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Whoa this is really cool. Was it pretty simple to install hondahack? Really want to but haven't done it yet. Use to root my android phones a ton back in the day so shouldn't be to bad to do just curious how it went is all
Yeah it's actually quite simple to install! This video is quite helpful if you need a set of instructions,

HondaHack has a Basic ($10) and a Pro ($25) version, I'd recommend getting the Pro just because it has more cooler features.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Some people named Ryan might even say it's "Super Easy, Barely an Inconvenience".

No but for real if you do the paid version you pretty much go to the website on the headunit, hit the download button, enter the code you got when you paid for it and sit back and wait for it to do it's thing, it's like from the days of when all you had to do to root was download an app and hit RUN. I do suggest having the engine running, the battery on these cars drain down stupid fast.

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
[
[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's actually quite simple to install! This video is quite helpful if you need a set of instructions,

HondaHack has a Basic ($10) and a Pro ($25) version, I'd recommend getting the Pro just because it has more cooler features.
thank you for this! Think I'm gonna have to go ahead and do this. What about when you go to the dealership would they notice is hacked? Don't want to Rob my warranty or anything

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
Some people named Ryan might even say it's "Super Easy, Barely an Inconvenience".

No but for real if you do the paid version you pretty much go to the website on the headunit, hit the download button, enter the code you got when you paid for it and sit back and wait for it to do it's thing, it's like from the days of when all you had to do to root was download an app and hit RUN. I do suggest having the engine running, the battery on these cars drain down stupid fast.
Ahh yes I remember those days back running gingerbread and KitKat when you could mod the shit or if Android phones. Little more difficult but I love my pixels thou

OP
OP

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Sardine thank you for this! Think I'm gonna have to go ahead and do this. What about when you go to the dealership would they notice is hacked? Don't want to Rob my warranty or anything
There's a "Hide Apps" function that can make the entire thing disappear from your system, it provides you a code when activated, and when you're done visiting the dealer, you can go back to http://r.autohack.org, put the code in, and it'll restore everything. I've done it every single time I've visited the dealer for warranty work and never had a problem.

It shouldn't void your warranty anyways, but in case your dealer advisors or technicians are stingy about it, that option is always there.

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
There's a "Hide Apps" function that can make the entire thing disappear from your system, it provides you a code when activated, and when you're done visiting the dealer, you can go back to http://r.autohack.org, put the code in, and it'll restore everything. I've done it every single time I've visited the dealer for warranty work and never had a problem.

It shouldn't void your warranty anyways, but in case your dealer advisors or technicians are stingy about it, that option is always there.
So will it be the same code you get originally to install Honda hack or will it be a separate code? And everytime you turn the car on and off you won't have to reset it up right?

OP
OP

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
So will it be the same code you get originally to install Honda hack or will it be a separate code? And everytime you turn the car on and off you won't have to reset it up right?
It would be a different code given once you hit “hide apps”, and nah, your settings are saved so every time you turn the car back off & on it’ll be the way you configured it.

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
It would be a different code given once you hit “hide apps”, and nah, your settings are saved so every time you turn the car back off & on it’ll be the way you configured it.
Awesome thank you! Think I'm gonna give it a shot right now!

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, I got to check this one out. I saw that but I was hesitant being a beta version.

Reactions: JCH

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
Hey y'all, I don't think I have seen a thread about this yet, but there's a new HondaHack test version that you can install, allowing you to mirror your display to your instrument cluster!

If you already have HondaHack installed, just go to the "Install apps online" section and you can install the HondaHack Test app. Once rebooted, add the "Navigation" to your instrument cluster. More info @ http://www.autohack.org/test/

It's actually pretty cool! Here are some pics I snapped,

IMG_9114.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG
Just installed it, the screen mirroring is pretty cool but somewhat pointless unless you want to turn off the screen on the head unit and leave like tuner view or flash pro app running and have some extra guages on the dash like for on the track or something. But would be cool if you could mirror your phone's screen and have the head unit do its own thing or vice versa. And the compass and 3 extra values are kind of cool too just wish there were more Pids for let's say boost, throttle, and brake guages etc. Honda missed out on a sweet all in one "track" screen having those all displayed on one screen as opposed to two, but still amazing that there is more features being added to the Honda Hack.

carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I installed it and it worked great untill yesterday. Now I just get spinning icon.

I tried rebooting and also reconfiguring off/on but no fix.

Anyone have a fix? I haven't tried uninstalling the test version yet. I'm afraid I'll have to set everything up again.

Honda Civic 10th gen HondaHack Instrument Cluster! 1601915445502577511976159731770

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
I installed it and it worked great untill yesterday. Now I just get spinning icon.

I tried rebooting and also reconfiguring off/on but no fix.

Anyone have a fix? I haven't tried uninstalling the test version yet. I'm afraid I'll have to set everything up again.

1601915445502577511976159731770.jpg
Try rebooting head unit