TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
• Genuine Honda Electronic/Audio Accessories
• Factory-Installed Navigational and Security Systems

For that pricing, the service contract must be purchased before the 6k mark.
AND...it can't have already had a Honda Care warranty already on the car - like ya paid too much and you want to swap out. I checked on one for our '16 EX-L from Hyannis...and it was basically what 'normal' dealers sell them for. The take away - DON'T buy the warranty from your dealer...Contact Hyannis and get it there.
Sponsored

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
My dealer was willing to match the Hyannis quote when it was shown to them. YMMV, of course, but worth a shot.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
Wow...mine told me they couldn't touch it...good for you!
I was all but certain I'd be going with Hyannis, but thought I'd offer my dealer's finance guy the chance to match it when we did the final paperwork (his original quote was about $2700 if I remember correctly -- they were pushing a third-party policy but I insisted I wanted HondaCare). He left to speak with his boss, came back and told me there was no deal: the quote I had was $5 away from the cost that my dealership pays for the policy I chose. (Now that is really some markup!)

And if you do decide you want it, yes, it's best to buy HondaCare outright if you can, rather than adding it to the purchase of the car -- to avoid paying interest on it.

When I figured in the yearly cost of HondaCare (for years 5-8 of actual coverage) minus the AAA roadside I would have otherwise gotten, it was much too attractive considering the cost of parts/labor today and all the electronics, including navigation, in the Touring. I think if folks did this calculation more would be getting the coverage.

Last edited:

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I was all but certain I'd be going with Hyannis, but thought I'd offer my dealer's finance guy the chance to match it when we did the final paperwork (his original quote was about $2700 if I remember correctly -- they were pushing a third-party policy but I insisted I wanted HondaCare). He left to speak with his boss, came back and told me there was no deal: the quote I had was $5 away from the cost that my dealership pays for the policy I chose. (Now that is really some markup!)

And yes, it's best to buy HondaCare outright, if you can, rather than add it to the purchase of the car -- to avoid paying interest.

On a separate note I
No sales tax, either...

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'm jealous that you guys have half decent finance reps. My finance guy had a butt hurt face on him when he denied that I found the HC warranty for near invoice and said it was impossible for invoice to be that low.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Haha, there's a little more to the story on my end, actually. I really liked the first finance manager I worked with, but when she readily agreed to match the Hyannis price we just did a handshake on it. A bit over a month later I came back in asking the progress, to find she no longer worked at the dealer and nothing had been done about my request at all. I relayed the agreement I had with her to the new finance guy, who had to walk back to approve it - and since the dealership was under construction with a few doors missing, there was no hiding the "she promised what?!" reaction that got from the back office.

Still got what I asked.

eberrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
My dealer (a guy named Hendrick...maybe you've heard of him) wouldn't offer Honda Care at all. They wanted $3300 for Autoguard which was comparable to the Hyannis quote for $620. Ridiculous!

cubsws2016

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt
My dealer (a guy named Hendrick...maybe you've heard of him) wouldn't offer Honda Care at all. They wanted $3300 for Autoguard which was comparable to the Hyannis quote for $620. Ridiculous!
how in the world do dealers get away with selling 3rd party warranties instead of the factory backed oem?

cubsws2016

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt
how in the world do dealers get away with selling 3rd party warranties instead of the factory backed oem?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Each dealer is an independently-owned franchise. There is no requirement for a dealer to sell a Honda warranty. They are free to sell whatever they want at whatever price they want. They make more money by selling third-party warranties.

cubsws2016

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt
Each dealer is an independently-owned franchise. There is no requirement for a dealer to sell a Honda warranty. They are free to sell whatever they want at whatever price they want. They make more money by selling third-party warranties.
makes sense, but once word got out you would think people would stop buying there.

busman75

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ex
I just bought my very first brand new car last night. 2017 Honda Civic ex. I made a big mistake on the extended warranty. The sales guy sold me a CNA National warranty. 10 years 150000 miles. $2349 and he rolled it into my financing agreement. I believe according to my paperwork I can still cancel that warranty am I correct? It’s just that the 2349 would be paid towards the amount I financed am I correct. Then I can go on
Line and buy the Honda one at Hyannis that you all are talking about

KenBT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well you have the CNA warranty- read the terms! Normally that's the case.

Then get a discounted Honda Care Warranty.