HondaCare pricing

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
On a 2019 Civic Touring Coupe (new) what is a fair price for the 100k/7-year HondaCare?, The "finance guy" who I took an immediate dislike to, says he'll give me a break @$1600+tax, I think that's high, what should I offer? I was expecting $12-1300, are my expectations unreasonable?
Thanks
Phil
Sponsored

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
Contact Hyannis Honda or Saccucci Honda one is in MA and the other in RI I believe. They both do online quotes and should be within a couple dollars of each other. If you search you will see reccomebatins for them.

My guess is price for 8 yr 120k with zero deductible will be about $1k. You have a couple months to buy it, after that you are better off waiting till your 3yr 36k mi s almos up then add the warranty. The reason is if you miss the initial window they add a 5 yr warranty but it starts when you buy it, so it’s best to wait till the reg warranty is almost up if you miss the window. I know all this because I missed the window on out CRV and Hyannis told me this was my best path.

Local Honda dealer that I bought from sells 3rd party extended warranty, hondacare allows you to go to any dealer.
Good luck
Paul

OP
OP

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
They did push a 3rd party extended warranty, supposedly better than Hondacare, about $500 more, sure sounded to me like "profit-packing", I'm going to go in low and see what they do, thanks for the advice & insight!

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Curious... what is the perceived benefit to buying a "hondacare" package?

OP
OP

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Essentially warranty extended to 100k miles /7 years, electronics covered, etc, road service and other benefits. Pretty comprehensive coverage for any potentially expensive repair beyond the 3yr/36 warranty. Other stuff as well, don't have the brochure handy. But it's worth it for me in peace of mind.

OP
OP

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, went to the sales person, renegotiated the Hondacare down from 1600 to 1100, not a lot of fuss, bypassed the pushy finance guy. After being a customer there since 1980, thought I had "earned" a better deal, they agreed, heck, I've outlived 2 of the salespeople that I dealt with previously.
Car is in prep now, getting the calipers painted red, the Continentals changed to Michelins and whatever else is on the checklist. Really looking forward to trying the toys that the Touring has. Delivery is scheduled for Monday (caliper paint needs to cure apparently) No kids, so I've always driven coupes, just like the way they look. Gotta admit, I do enjoy driving my wife's Fit EX (when she let's me, usually involves a trip to the carwash) Drove it to Dayton last spring (900+ mi round trip) was very surprised at what a quiet, smooth & well-mannered road car it was, averaged about 46 mpg for the trip.

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
Good for you - would have been interesting to compare the quote from Hayannis etc, it’s all online no pressure no salesman. You can still get one if you want to find out price.

Hondacare has the advantage that it extends the warranty with Honda (not a third party) so bring it to any dealer no issue. 3rd party ones are sketch you need to go where you bought it or if you can’t you have to check with them.....

With hondacare you can go put to 120k mi and with or without a deductible. Got one for my daughter as she will not always be living at home and have me around to fix stuff. Not sure if I’ll get one for the si I’m about to buy since I do almost all my own work -
Paul

OP
OP

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, basically I really like my dealer, especially the service dept, they have always gone above and beyond for me, as far as the sales, like the salesperson, when I told her I didn't particularly care for the finance guy, she went around him so I didn't have to deal with him, got me a fair price I can live with. Apparently the finance folks also handle the Hondacare, I'm not financing the car so I don't need him at all.
I like the protection that the Hondacare brings, mechanical issues are one thing, but with these newer cars that are so electronically dependent, you can run up a hall of a tab if something fails, especially in a model like my Touring that has just about everything electronically dependent. Hondacare gives me the freedom to enjoy the car without worrying about a major financial hit if something fails. I used to do a lot of my own work, but I can no longer kneel, so I'm glad to have a willing, helpful & skilled service department. I do still replace air & cabin filters though!
Phil

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Contact Hyannis Honda or Saccucci Honda one is in MA and the other in RI I believe. They both do online quotes and should be within a couple dollars of each other. If you search you will see reccomebatins for them.
What on earth does this word mean? :eek:

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ooh the spelling police lol, lev figured it out not a big deal.
I like the quote supposedly attributed to Mark Twain and others “anyone that can only think of one way to spell a word lacks imagination “

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Ooh the spelling police lol, lev figured it out not a big deal.
I like the quote supposedly attributed to Mark Twain and others “anyone that can only think of one way to spell a word lacks imagination “
Fair enuff - but you have to admit, that one wasn’t even in the ballpark! :D

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I’m a bad speller to begin with then couple that with errors introduced while typing on tablets and phones and you get some awful ones.
Have you ever seen this, been around for a long time;

“I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too”
Sponsored