CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
2019 civic Si. 14k miles. Just got home after running some errands. Went to three places, no issues. Pulled into my drive way and turned off car. Instead of usual sounds it just beeped. Not able to open trunk. I tried to start it and no power. No lights. Unlock on key fob and it just blinks the hazards. Meter is in kids room and they are napping so haven't done any troubleshooting. Any ideas before I dig in?
Sponsored

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Did you check your fuses this happen to me and it ended up to be a fuses label back up fuse on the cover

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Might try disconnecting the battery for a minute or so - sounds like it "lost its mind" and needs a reboot.

OP
OP

CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Might try disconnecting the battery for a minute or so - sounds like it "lost its mind" and needs a reboot.
I'll do that. I'm going to check the
Did you check your fuses this happen to me and it ended up to be a fuses label back up fuse on the cover
I didn't. Going to disconnect the battery and check voltage. Should still be pretty fresh. I'll check the fuses next. Thank you.

OP
OP

CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Is that normal for these cars? I'll def give it a shot.

OP
OP

CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Update
I checked fuses under hood and had battery tested. Tested came back as good with full charge. Called for factory warranty. They had issues towing it. Since no power, couldn't deactivate parking brake and all wheels were locked. They had to lift the rear, put it on dollys, then pull it on to a flat bed. Honda techs stated "main" fuse was blown. They determined the tracking installed by lithia(evts Mopar) was the issue. Wires were not properly insulated and may hasn't touched. They covered them and replaced fuse. Seems fine so far. Mopar didn't think this would cause the issue but we will see.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What is tracker for? Is it a dealer engine disabler like used out West.
Did it cost you to have it towed/fixed? If not, you were lucky.
Was this the dealer who installed the tracker?

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
Update
... Wires were not properly insulated and may hasn't touched. They covered them and replaced fuse. Seems fine so far. Mopar didn't think this would cause the issue but we will see.
A short that circumvents any of the other circuit's fuses could ABSOLUTELY blow a main fuse. That's what the fuse is there for; to keep the current induced heat from from a short fromburning out wiring or leading to an outright fire. I'm not familiar with the setup/installation but if they failed to adequately insulate the wiring I fail to understand how they could think otherwise.

Sounds like they're trying to play CYA for a sub-par installation.

OP
OP

CyberLoki

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
What is tracker for? Is it a dealer engine disabler like used out West.
Did it cost you to have it towed/fixed? If not, you were lucky.
Was this the dealer who installed the tracker?
It's a theft deterrent. Send location to police in event of theft. No cost. All covered under warranty. It was the dealer who installed it.
Sponsored