Requested Channel Not Available (SiriusXM)

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Totally agree, I just checked for a client this morning on the Maestro interface and still nothing released. Really wants to do a new Alpine iLX-F309 in it. Would look and perform much better then factory once idatalink has the module.
Yep, I did the same thing after posting. They only have the 2016+ Accord out there. Not sure what's taking so long; the Civic is a pretty popular car. I've already talked to Crutchfield and they said that's what they are waiting for too.
Sponsored

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Mine started doing this exact thing over the weekend. Will try the solutions listed in the linked thread.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
mine just started doing this the other day. I see I’m not alone.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Honda has a service fix on this

Requested Channel Not.jpg
"Until there’s a solution to this issue, there’s nothing you can do to fix it, so don’t replace any parts. Instead, try this procedure. It should get rid of that message, but keep in mind this is just temporary, so the message may come back."

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Until there’s a solution to this issue, there’s nothing you can do to fix it, so don’t replace any parts. Instead, try this procedure. It should get rid of that message, but keep in mind this is just temporary, so the message may come back."
Maybe I'm a cynic, but I'd be willing to bet there's no permanent fix. We'll be stuck with the issue forever.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Maybe I'm a cynic, but I'd be willing to bet there's no permanent fix. We'll be stuck with the issue forever.
I'm hopeful and believe there is more than a 0% chance that a permanent fix will eventually be rolled into a software update.

However, bugs that were never resolved have happened before at Honda. For example, 2009-2014 Ridgelines with navigation have an "equalization bug" that causes reduced volume and sound quality when listening to XM. The workaround involves keeping a CD in the CD changer and changing the audio source to CD CHANGER then back to XM every time the truck is restarted. An insider stated that Honda was aware of the issue, but they never released a fix. Both my 2010 and 2014 Ridgelines were affected. Pressing the CD/AUX then the XM button every time I started the truck eventually became a habit.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...s/61986-xm-radio-sound.html?61986=#post894498

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
"Be sure to pass this information along to the service advisors so they can educate their customers"

How about educate your devs so we can use it as intended...

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
The message came back after about 3 weeks of it working fine after the "fix"... I simply turned on the MIX presets and it went away again. If it comes back on, simply turn MIX presets off, then on and "fixed" until the next time.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I can tell you that this message never happened for 2 years so the permanent solution is already there. What has to be removed is the trigger that caused it. Whether it be a factory reset or signal from Sirius XM.

If it didn't exist from Nov 2015 to April 2018 I am pretty sure it's not a issue with the software itself. It's a config. Change that triggered a nuisance message

megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring SGP
Country flag
My 2018 ST hatch started doing this and if you roll the screen up and select the channels page the list does not show the xm stations in numerical order. That screen got replaced with four horizontal selections of nonsense. Car didn’t even make it to 800 miles on the odometer.

Had the problem for two weeks, tried the tech line summary fix and no change. A week after the fix attempt the problem went away and all is normal........ so far.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The fix that was available online here where you turn on that mix thing and then turn it off completely fixed mine has been fixed for quite a while now
Sponsored