HB popularity

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
So from my understanding the civic HB has been available since late 2016 so I'm kinda late I got mine like 3 weeks ago now, however, I have only seen like 2 others on the road. Am curious to see what's everyone's opinions. Apologies if there is another thread like this. Let me know your thoughts though.
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Pretty rare out here in Ontario, Canada.

Roads are filled with 16/17 Sedans. I've seen 2-3 HBs so far and 0 MT HB

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pretty rare out here in Ontario, Canada.

Roads are filled with 16/17 Sedans. I've seen 2-3 HBs so far and 0 MT HB
Yeah I won't lie I couldn't give up the leather and all the toys just to have a manual. I don't know why the Mt couldn't come with all the toys and creature comforts

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah I won't lie I couldn't give up the leather and all the toys just to have a manual. I don't know why the Mt couldn't come with all the toys and creature comforts
Yea - Honda & USA is weird.

In Canada, all the HB Trims are available with the MT.

AegeanHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm finding them very rare in my part of Canada still. We're basically Civic Central, pretty much everybody here has owned one.

I see one guy in the same Hatchback as me (Sport Aegean) every morning driving to work. And a buddy of my brother has one, he actually let me drive his and it convinced me to get it over the Accord Sport.

Other than that, I've seen a few here and there.

Also, our sport model comes with the 7" infotainment and all the toys, plus our Touring has a MT as well. However I'm a loser and drive a CVT. They are considerably more expensive than the sedan I suppose, so that may deter people, and the HB is a bit of a love it/hate it look.

Even with more MT availability here, not many dealerships keep many of em on the lot. I still look for em once in a while

I'm enjoying its uniqueness while it lasts

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've only seen one other HB around. Funny thing is, I've gotten several compliments on this car from passerby. So clearly it is resonating with people.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On average I see one every couple of days here in Toronto. There was one day where I saw 4. I have yet to see any Sport Touring models on the road, other than my own, just at the dealership or at the Canadian International Auto Show from back in February. About every 6/10 models are LX trim, where in Canada we only have LX, Sport, and Sport Touring trims, with the Sport equipped much more like the US EX trim.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
roads in toronto are still filled with sedans, with subtle appearances of the hatchbacks, and rare occurrences with the coupe
70% sedan / 20% hatchback / 10% coupe

i can see this changing very soon to maybe:
50% sedan / 40% hatchback / 10% coupe

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I can agree I'm enjoying it's uniqueness was just curious really I mean like you said plenty of compliments on its styles and looks nothing wrong with driving a CVT either. I'd would have like to have manual in the Sport Touring but it is what it is, I'm sure here in the states it's a marketing tactics cause if I'm not mistaken the type r is getting all goods and obvi it mt

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I've seen two other HB drivers. The Sport trim seems to be the popular one, have seen so many of those...

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm seeing like 80% sedan/20% hatch near me.

More sedans are driven by older people, in general (high number of retirees here), hatches have slightly younger drivers.

Still shocked that no one at work has a hatch yet. 6(!) sedans, someone just bought a Touring coupe, but no hatch yet...

Losd

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamhybrid.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned beamers etc and I get more people jocking the hatchback by far. Some guy was filming it yesterday when I left the car wash. These things are head turners for sure. Not sure why but they are.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback ST
I had a Shelby GT350 prior to this.. my HB ST gets just as many inquiries as I got then, it's really strange to me.

I even got out to talk to a guy in a brand new Z06 at a gas station, we say our goodbyes and a lady calls me over and asks what year my car is and then compliments it, I corrected her and said "did you mean the Corvette?" She says "no, your car."

I'm certain I had a confused look on my face

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Even when I'm in Civic-heavy areas I only spot two or three. One in town aside from mine. A friend swears they saw another blue one...
And there's been several times I felt like I was in some cheezy car ad the way people stare this thing down.

augustus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
I've seen three others in my area so far, one right at work. Lots of sedans.
Sponsored