HB to Coupe?

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I currently own a HB but considering to sale/trade it and rather another HB or 4 door.
Aside from the doors... what are some of the pros or reasons a coupe be more desired over a HB version and vice, versa?

They both have 4 seats, minus the 4 door on a coupe.
The HB is indeed more practical but I do not have kids so... is their any useful reason for a coupe over the HB?

Thoughts?

* This is intended more for fuel for thought and not to be debate of what is better...

Thank you
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There is much less room on a coupe. I own both cars. The trunk is small. The rear seat is smaller. You’re not likely to find a coupe also as it was discontinued.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a hatch and my girlfriend has a coupe. The coupe has really nice body lines and I feel like flows better, a bit more visually appealing, but the hatch looks much more aggressive. It's a royal pain for anyone over 200lbs to get into the back of the coupe, so if you like to cruise around with a few friends that's not the move.

In terms of usefulness I would say the hatch is the winner, the coupe is not easy to fit bulky items in. I fit a 65" TV in the box with the trunk closed in my hatch.... I'd love a coupe but simply cannot afford the space reduction!

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
It’s probably going to be hard to get a coupe
if I was in the market and since there’s no more coupe available
I would go for a hatchback it’s a lot more sporty than the sedan
but the coupe suite me not married no kids no friends either too bad the coupe wasn’t a two seater I don’t need the back seat either

OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I too like Hatches as my first car was the Acura Integra and I been on a trend of hatchbacks, and coupes in general.

I noticed the coupe is discontinued for 2021. It must not have been a hot seller compared to the price/value of the HB.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
It’s funny on how today many people look at hatchbacks as the utility type vehicle maybe other than the civic hatchback most of todays hatchbacks look like small SUVs that being said most or all SUVs are hatchbacks. Years ago most of the auto manufacturers would say three door hatchback or five door hatchback. There’s a few cars that a lot of people dont knowledge as hatchbacks eighties and nineties Camaro firebird and corvettes also the 1973 to 1977
chevy chevelle wagon which the rear door was a hatch so today would that be considered a hatchback wagon or two wheel drive SUV ? I remember the ads for the 1978 Toyota celiac they called it a
liftback

OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Indeed, Wagon -> Hatchback -> Crossover (SUV + HB/Wagon) :hmm:?

kaputt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Accord 5MT; 2020 Civic Sport Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I bought the coupe because I really liked the way it looked and the Sport coupe with a manual seemed like it was the last of old school Honda that you could still buy. That being said, it's way less practical. The back seat is fine space wise once you get back there, but getting back there is not easy. I also have an Accord sedan to use when I need practicality, plus my fiance has an HRV.

If you can still find a new coupe and you don't really need the space/practicality, I'd say go for it. It's literally the last Honda coupe you can buy new.

One thing I do wish it had is the Acura Integra style rear lift back/hatch. That would have made it wayyyy more practical, at least for carrying objects. People would still be tough with the two doors. I've always wondered why no one made liftback coupes anymore. It must have been something to do with crash regulations.

OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I bought the coupe because I really liked the way it looked and the Sport coupe with a manual seemed like it was the last of old school Honda that you could still buy. That being said, it's way less practical. The back seat is fine space wise once you get back there, but getting back there is not easy. I also have an Accord sedan to use when I need practicality, plus my fiance has an HRV.

If you can still find a new coupe and you don't really need the space/practicality, I'd say go for it. It's literally the last Honda coupe you can buy new.

One thing I do wish it had is the Acura Integra style rear lift back/hatch. That would have made it wayyyy more practical, at least for carrying objects. People would still be tough with the two doors. I've always wondered why no one made liftback coupes anymore. It must have been something to do with crash regulations.

Indeed, Owning a 95, 99, and 85 Integra.... Those are the "Two-Door" Hatches I would like to see again.... I had a FIT as well and find those very practical compared to the current Sedan formatted hatchbacks :(

The Coupe does feel like the last of the true Honda coupe feel and to get rid of it is sad :(

kaputt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Accord 5MT; 2020 Civic Sport Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Indeed, Owning a 95, 99, and 85 Integra.... Those are the "Two-Door" Hatches I would like to see again.... I had a FIT as well and find those very practical compared to the current Sedan formatted hatchbacks :(

The Coupe does feel like the last of the true Honda coupe feel and to get rid of it is sad :(
Yeah the Fit is also one of those cars I’m sad to see go. I was also considering a Fit when I bought my Civic and wanted to add the HFP suspension and other parts to it. Unfortunately it was nearly impossible to find a manual version. One did pop up but it was at a dealer 400 miles away and it was silver and honestly after having two grey cars before I needed some real color, haha.

I also forgot that the RSX came with the lift back as well. I wanted one of those so bad when I was a teenager. I actually still occasionally check online to see if a low mileage one has snuck up for sale.

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I've been dailying a coupe for 17 years now and I also have a sedan. For me, the absolute main difference is the door size. At work, we have a grass parking lot so, my main concern when I park is how much space do I need to allow for the car next to me to open their door without possibility of a door ding occurring. I bought the civic coupe over the hatch and sedan simply because I prefer the body lines. I do wish it had 4 doors.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aside from the doors... what are some of the pros or reasons a coupe be more desired over a HB version and vice, versa?
i mean...have you looked a nice one in the flesh recently? they are beautiful cars...
the shape of them is amazing the proportions the lines...personally if it wasn't for the coupe i wouldn't even be driving a civic. :D

To me it's the perfect size and the design remember me of some older designs from honda and i love it overall. Remember me my old integra which was my second car.

My wife has the 2020 sport sedan in black basically the same exact car but CVT and 4 door...there is about 2'' more room for the knees and head on the back seat of the sedan and the trunk is i'd say about 6 to 8'' deeper in the sedan...

But anyways i think you're too late mate the coupe are no longer in production and i don't know how many units are left on dealership near you but it's gotta be pretty thin.
Also the coupe was only sold in north america...if you can hold on to it and keep it in flawless shape and low miles (like i do mine) get the one with the non turbo, manual in black and someday in 20 years export it back to Japan a rich old asian guy will buy it for 100 000$ (that's my long term plan anyways) ?

This car will end up at suzuka with a K24 or H22 under the hood one day.
This is mine :)

Honda Civic 10th gen HB to Coupe? 1606876220211

Honda Civic 10th gen HB to Coupe? 1606877158771

Honda Civic 10th gen HB to Coupe? 1606877258740

Last edited: