Has anyone figured out how to get compass directions?

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
My Information Interface shows what looks like a compass edge but no cardinal headings and it doesn't turn when the car does. Has anyone figured out how to get this item working? My car type/year is in my signature.
Sponsored

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess I did not realize there is a compass. In my 06 Mitsubishi Montero, I was required to drive in a tight circle (parking lot) 2 revolutions in order for the compass to calibrate.

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I guess I did not realize there is a compass. In my 06 Mitsubishi Montero, I was required to drive in a tight circle (parking lot) 2 revolutions in order for the compass to calibrate.
Thats because there is no compass in the Si.

The "compass edge" you probably see is the location services icon if your phone is connected. Its tracking where you are for the maps.

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2017 Accord Sport SE, 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Country flag
My Information Interface shows what looks like a compass edge but no cardinal headings and it doesn't turn when the car does. Has anyone figured out how to get this item working? My car type/year is in my signature.
Are you referring to the instrument cluster where it shows range and fuel economy, G meter, boost gauge, etc.? If so, that’s for turn by turn directions when you have your phone plugged and are using Waze or another navigation app with a destination entered. It will bring up directions and an arrow for your next turn as you’re driving but it’s fairly basic, not a compass or true navigation display.

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Are you referring to the instrument cluster where it shows range and fuel economy, G meter, boost gauge, etc.? If so, that’s for turn by turn directions when you have your phone plugged and are using Waze or another navigation app with a destination entered. It will bring up directions and an arrow for your next turn as you’re driving but it’s fairly basic, not a compass or true navigation display.
There is this function on the dash? How do I choose it?

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's only an option on the dash when you have your phone connected and Maps running, I believe. That's the only time I see it show up.

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
It's only an option on the dash when you have your phone connected and Maps running, I believe. That's the only time I see it show up.
Are you using apple carplay or android auto?

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Android.

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is this function on the dash? How do I choose it?
If you go into the head unit you can add or subtract to the options available when you press the little “Information” button just below the steering wheel volume swipe/rainbow button thingy. Turn by turn directions is available as a “widget” I think. I don’t remember, my cousin turned it on when I bought the car. Basically though, when you have your phone connected (I use an Android) and are using Waze it’ll show you your turns and distance to the turn once you’re within .5 mile of the turn. It’s pretty nice man, I won’t lie. I would imagine it works for Apple CarPlay too but I’m not sure.

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you go into the head unit you can add or subtract to the options available when you press the little “Information” button just below the steering wheel volume swipe/rainbow button thingy. Turn by turn directions is available as a “widget” I think. I don’t remember, my cousin turned it on when I bought the car. Basically though, when you have your phone connected (I use an Android) and are using Waze it’ll show you your turns and distance to the turn once you’re within .5 mile of the turn. It’s pretty nice man, I won’t lie. I would imagine it works for Apple CarPlay too but I’m not sure.
I think it’s under Vehicle Settings in the head unit

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Apple Car Play only uses Apple Maps...better than nothing, but...it ain't Waze or Google Maps.

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Could you take picture of what the widget look like please? I went into Setting - System - Configuration of Instrument Panel, and I cant seem to find the widget. Thank you.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I do have a compass on the gauge cluster on my Si, used it last week. No phone necessary. A perfectly functional standalone compass. Maybe that’s another feature our Canadian Si has, in comparison to others

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Could you take picture of what the widget look like please? I went into Setting - System - Configuration of Instrument Panel, and I cant seem to find the widget. Thank you.
Here you go man. Go to Settings on the head unit home page, then click System, then Configuration of Instrument Panel. It'll pull up a screen where you can add or delete options for the instrument cluster.

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here you go man. Go to Settings on the head unit home page, then click System, then Configuration of Instrument Panel. It'll pull up a screen where you can add or delete options for the instrument cluster.
Pics

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone figured out how to get compass directions? 20180617_151839

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone figured out how to get compass directions? 20180617_151850

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone figured out how to get compass directions? 20180617_151903

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone figured out how to get compass directions? 20180617_151924

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone figured out how to get compass directions? 20180617_151949