Guide for modding

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
For the record, I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$. It's just to me if you're spending all that money, time and effort to upgrade your Si than a CTR would be a better deal. IMHO as always and whatever route you take welcome and good luck!
I have the same initial reaction when I see someone post, "how do I get 300hp from my civic?" To which the easiest answer is: "buy a type-r". However, I understand working on and making a civic your own is something you cannot buy straight off a dealer's lot.
Sponsored

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
I may pick up a Ktuner with TSP's Stage 1 tune at some point, but for now you can do like me...pickup a 7th or 8th Gen Accord Sport V6 (find one with a MT) and when you feel like some spirited driving, rev it out to 7200 RPM and listen to VTEC scream at you. Orgasm, repeat. I doesn't matter how fast or slow you are going, it satisfies the munchies

So far I feel the power levels on my Si are adequate, I do hope that when I do add a tune it won't spoil me and make me want to keep upping the power levels

Last edited:

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
Welcome!
Sounds like a conservative budget so ask yourself, what do you want your build to be? Track? Dragstrip? Canyon carving? Street driving? Cars and Coffee? Answering this will help guide you and start on the endless journey of modding. Also, help avoid spending your hard earned cash on mods that don't support your goals. Example, don't run out there, buy red badges, and a replica Type R wing if power is your goal.
Ktuner/Hondata is best bang for the buck and a great start. I'm a KTuner fan. Don't ignore suspension as this will add to the excitement of driving no matter what your goals are.
Good luck!
Sponsored