Any K20C1 Swap Guide For Si?

Yangg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2019
Country flag
Hey guys,

Currently saving some funds to do a K20c1 swap in my Si once my car is paid off. Is there a guide and other things I need to consider before swapping? Will a Type R Partout ECU be sufficient enough to get the car running or do I specifically need MoTec? If there's a guide in here, please post it here?
Sponsored

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
I'm curious about this. A friend of mine has a wrecked CTR at one of his tow yards and offered me the engine/trans if/when insurance releases the car. Free powertrain, just gotta do it myself. Though my car is a 2.0 sedan, not sure how big the difference is between subframes.

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
Iā€™ll wish you both the best of luck but I would strongly advise against what you are attempting.

Ive done multiple swaps and conversions on different cars and no matter how well you attempt something itā€™s always a conversion.

I kind of get it if you are K swapping an EG or 1.8T swapping a lotus but why would you attempt to build something you can buy?

It will never be the same car - everything down to the shell of a type r differs from a regular civic

Its like when guys attempt to clone LHD version of an EK9 CTR - please just donā€™t

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
If i were to do this I'd get me a lx coupe 6 speed, wouldn't do it to my si. then after market fuel management. But if every thing is on the cheap get the wiring .

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
I actually saw a guy on youtube do it on an Si ecu. He did it with an accord 2.0t with type r turbo making 350whp. according to him the most expensive part is the custom axles.

OP
OP
Yangg

Yangg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2019
Country flag
I kind of get it if you are K swapping an EG or 1.8T swapping a lotus but why would you attempt to build something you can buy?

It will never be the same car - everything down to the shell of a type r differs from a regular civic
Having car bill sucks now. I might as well pay off my Si and swap the motor instead of pulling a $40k - $60k car loan on a type R. At minimum, I would just throw in a K20C4 instead since it's cheaper.

Yea, it won't be the same car, but that's kind of the entire point lol.

Awesome thanks. I'll check them out.

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Iā€™ve heavily considered this in the past. One issue I have is the accord trans doesnā€™t have a lsd which is a must have for me on track. That means putting one in or buying a type or r trans which adds to the cost either way. Another question is how reliable would it be on track. Iā€™m not sure if anyone has tracked a k20c4 so I donā€™t know how well it does with cooling or overall reliability. I feel like there would be a lot of unexpected issues in a swap

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sipearl on ig( I think thatā€™s his name) did the swap I heard he sells the complete list to who ever wants it not too sure how much or true that is

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Just buy an R
We waited decades to finally get them and people would rather reinvent a square wheel vs just buying the superior design.

I owned an Si for 4 years - there is no comparison to an R - even if you can pull it off cheap (not likely) youre still limited by the suspension of the Si which is puny by comparison to an R.

35k for an R is nothing - dropping 15 to 20k into am Si to make 350whp ......just seems silly

Im selling my p600, 1400cc injectors, flex kit, 3.5" maf housing, dw300c pump for $2500 - pair that with a Xdi pump/ported fuel rail w bored/tapered hp fuel line and I made 533/431 ....easy to crack 500whp on an R - stock clutch/trans/engine ....

Im aiming for 600-630whp so had to go bigger on everything but most guys would be happy with 500-550 which is p600 territory on stock K20C1

Alot of guys moving to FL5 so FK8s will be on sale......easy to move up and make 500+whp with bolt-ons/drop in turbo

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™ll wish you both the best of luck but I would strongly advise against what you are attempting.

Ive done multiple swaps and conversions on different cars and no matter how well you attempt something itā€™s always a conversion.

Its like when guys attempt to clone LHD version of an EK9 CTR - please just donā€™t
Maybe he wants the power without paying higher insurance and not having to look at a Subi wing on a honda or deal with the interior rattling, nose heaviness, bad gas mileage, parking lot stress disorder, paying more for tires, horrible 20" wheels that give you a constant pucker factor whenever the road gets bad and that delicious 2nd gear grind. Not to mention the R being heavier along with the lack of a sunroof and those wonderful three stage seat heaters. Those make life so much sweeter.

When you say "why would you attempt to build something you can buy", it sounds damningly hypocritical. Especially since modified your own car, you're off the hook if you bought it like that lol. But if we all lived by your suggestion, we would all be driving a BMW and forget how to drive in a straight line and no one would remember what a blinker was. If the perfect car existed, it would be the death of tuning and all the aftermarket companies and eventually you'd still be miserable lol...then motorsport would be less competitive and more like Kcar racing in Japan. Eventually racing would die off and the PT Cruiser would come back to be the most popular car produced. lol somewhere out in the multi-verse you're responsible for the death of a planet šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just buy an R
We waited decades to finally get them and people would rather reinvent a square wheel vs just buying the superior design.

I owned an Si for 4 years - there is no comparison to an R - even if you can pull it off cheap (not likely) youre still limited by the suspension of the Si which is puny by comparison to an R.

35k for an R is nothing - dropping 15 to 20k into am Si to make 350whp ......just seems silly
Why not save your money and buy an older GTR in better condition for less than a CTR?
Nissan Skyline GTR R33 for sale in Japan at JDM EXPO buy JDM cars (jdm-expo.com)

42k for a GTR is nothing - dropping 45 to 50k+ (cargurus) for a 295whp Type R ......just seems silly
(See what I did there) šŸ˜‰

Are you saying you have to spend 15 to 20k on an engine swap or bolt-ons to make 350?
Anyone can spend less than 10k which includes the retro clutch & a flex fuel kit to pass 350whp. lol 9,695$ to get closer to the exact number.
Seems like you wasted 4 years on your Si if a CTR was putting you to shame. But, if you're comparing the stock platforms, you're 100% right. I also agree with you on the suspension, but that's an easy fix. The Tein coilovers and the edfc won't break your bank and is worlds better than the Type Rs.

Most Si owners realize they could've taken the money they spent on their bolt-ons, save up an additional 13k and buy a Type R... but then you'd be driving a boring ass stock car that looks like every other Type R and still get humiliated by a tuned FBO Si that still gets better mpg. To make matters worse, that Si with the 10k under its hood will park next to you at the car show and take your trophy lol
Sponsored