Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Glad you were able to get the car you wanted. I remember reading in the other thread the hoops you were going through and failing in to get it. I had to drive an hour and a half to get mine, nothing like you had to do, but I got what I wanted as well. Again, congratulations.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats, great color! Like it enough that when I went from my Si to a CTR, I went with the same Aegean Blue.
Clutch sounds like it needs to break in. I had no issues like this with my '17 SI. But I was very careful of how I drove it until it had some real miles on it.
Other than some rev hang, it was pretty smooth shifting. It does help if you don't under rev or over rev it. The sweet spot for cruising seems to be between 3K and 4 K. Upshift it at 5,500 and downshift if it drops below 2,750 -3,000. And please don't try and speed shift it. An imperceptible pause in neutral before putting it in 2nd helps to make for a smoother shift. Be deliberate and you will be rewarded. Slow equals smooth and smooth actually equals fast. Weird but it works.
6,500 redline is not real. It has a fuel cutoff at 6,000. And it will lug and get terrible mileage and performance if you are cruising much below 3,000 RPM. Don't idle it too long when warming up, less than 30 seconds works, just get in and drive it without over revving for the first few minutes. These engines warm up best as you drive them - not from sitting in a garage.

OP
OP

Turboblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Blue, 15 Sedona (Shuttle Atlantis)
Country flag
So update. I definately think it was just a breaking in thing. Again I haven’t done like a 5th/6th fear high torque pull or anything to try it but I’ve put a bunch of city driving miles and the clutch is feeling better and better. Seems like it it was just a break in issue that will hopefully never come back. I don’t have any crazy plans or anything, just looking for eventual intake for the turbo noises and Tsp tune for some added zip. That’s it. I appreciate all the input.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Congrats on the car. You obviously have excellent taste in colors.

My kids absolutely love the car, ITS SO BLUE, my daughter says. And my son can’t wait to go around town tomorrow.
Ha, my kids said exactly the same thing. They're not wrong. My previous car was a much darker navy blue, and they were stunned at the contrast.

About 12 hours after I got my car home and the first mod is done and a few on the way. Lol. Got rid of the god awful orange sidemarkers and went with Unity Performance’s beautiful smoked/amber sidemarkers. Instantly better. I’ve got a full set of Husky mats front/rear/trunk coming in the mail. Eventually once she’s broken in I’m only really looking to do PRL intake for the sound and eventual TSP tune. And also swap out all the bulbs for LED to match the beautiful ‘20’s front light setup. The car was missing the Si fooor mats as well as the fix o’flat kit in the trunk so the dealer should be arranging either shipment or pickup from a local dealership since they are 4 hours from me. Been running around town city style all morning, taking the kids for doughnuts and such, running errands to put some time and miles on her. My poor 11 year old Saturn Astra (weird car only sold in the states one year) is now relegated to the curb until I can find a person needing a good reliable car for super cheap.

hopefully the pics do it justice. So bright it’s hard to capture them lit up. Super easy instal but I did have to bend the little piece on the car where it clips like the video suggested but no biggie. Installation took approximately 5 minutes with a single household sized flathead screwdriver.
This was my first (and thus far only) exterior mod. Just installed them yesterday - same Unity smoked/amber markers. I agree that it's easy, but I had a heck of a time getting the driver's side marker into place. It just refused to pop in. Re: bending the metal piece on the car, I know exactly what you're referring to, and this is actually where I think I went wrong: I bent it a bit before even trying to install the marker. After I bent it back to its original position, the marker finally went in. No issues on the passenger side.
Sponsored