Fuel Trims STILL Negative (with datalog)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
On an Si? Well... the mystery continues. ;)

I barely get low 30's in winter in the Mid-Atlantic.

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
On an Si? Well... the mystery continues. ;)

I barely get low 30's in winter in the Mid-Atlantic.
Right! My car is goofy!

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Hereā€™s pictures of my old spark plug I changed 2 weeks ago. I donā€™t know if itā€™s of any relevance but I thought Iā€™d drop it in here.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel Trims STILL Negative (with datalog) 28A1F894-5184-47A7-9B2B-4AEF7D97D1A9

Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel Trims STILL Negative (with datalog) 18069783-7F32-4C70-B3AE-6CBEBBB56D32

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ironically, I was in this same boat about a year ago. Same type of setup except I was running E the whole time.
After researching and digging, my last ditch was to replace the injectors.
Wellā€¦. The motor blew a week later with the stock injectors. I worked on fixing the LTFT for 6 months before it went kablooy!

Not saying thatā€™s the case for you or that this would be imminent butā€¦. I would find the issue sooner than later. I canā€™t rule out the injectors as the culprit.

Anyways, with My new motor, with all nice and new injectors, on the stock calibration, the new motor is running perfect fuel trims.
It cost me like $10,000 but, my trims are good again. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬. šŸ¤”

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Ironically, I was in this same boat about a year ago. Same type of setup except I was running E the whole time.
After researching and digging, my last ditch was to replace the injectors.
Wellā€¦. The motor blew a week later with the stock injectors. I worked on fixing the LTFT for 6 months before it went kablooy!

Not saying thatā€™s the case for you or that this would be imminent butā€¦. I would find the issue sooner than later. I canā€™t rule out the injectors as the culprit.

Anyways, with My new motor, with all nice and new injectors, on the stock calibration, the new motor is running perfect fuel trims.
It cost me like $10,000 but, my trims are good again. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬. šŸ¤”
yikes, did you find out it was injectors for you then?

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yikes, did you find out it was injectors for you then?
Well without any actual proof left, I took the injectors that were in it on detonation and had them checked. The cylinder that popped had an injector that was slightly clogged but still worked. Guy told me that he doubted that would pop a cylinder butā€¦..
Anyways without actual data or proof to share, I cannot comment on ā€œwhatā€ the issue was. I suppose I ruled out low pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel pump and all lines in between since they are currently the same ones and itā€™s working better than before. Soā€¦.. I may deduce that the injectors had something to do with it.
We may never know.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well without any actual proof left, I took the injectors that were in it on detonation and had them checked. The cylinder that popped had an injector that was slightly clogged but still worked. Guy told me that he doubted that would pop a cylinder butā€¦..
Anyways without actual data or proof to share, I cannot comment on ā€œwhatā€ the issue was. I suppose I ruled out low pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel pump and all lines in between since they are currently the same ones and itā€™s working better than before. Soā€¦.. I may deduce that the injectors had something to do with it.
We may never know.
New injectors are $400. And if you wanted to climb on top of the motor, you might be able to get them out but itā€™s gonna suck!
Best to pull the motor out unfortunately.

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
New injectors are $400. And if you wanted to climb on top of the motor, you might be able to get them out but itā€™s gonna suck!
Best to pull the motor out unfortunately.
Iā€™ll see if o2 sensors change anything, I have access to a lift and plan on doing my clutch so Iā€™ll do injectors then.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™ll see if o2 sensors change anything, I have access to a lift and plan on doing my clutch so Iā€™ll do injectors then.
Lifts are huge!
Although a lift wonā€™t help to do the injectors. Wellā€¦. Not too much help I guess.
It can totally be the 02 sensors as well.
Keep up the fight brother! Youā€™ll get there.

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Got an update, I replaced the O2 sensors and it didnā€™t change anything. Do I go for a custom tune or change the injectors? Iā€™d hate to keep blowing money into the wind.

OP
OP

Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
UPDATE:

I finally got to replacing my fuel injectors. That was problem, just physically looking at the lm they all were covered in carbon. Idles better now and fuel trims are very close to 0. One of these days I have a friend who has a bore scope and will give you guys info on how the valves look at 100k miles on these siā€™s.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
UPDATE:

I finally got to replacing my fuel injectors. That was problem, just physically looking at the lm they all were covered in carbon. Idles better now and fuel trims are very close to 0. One of these days I have a friend who has a bore scope and will give you guys info on how the valves look at 100k miles on these siā€™s.
Mine was out at 89k kilo so 100k miles for sure one was not working well. Great that was ur problem so the car is running good against !
Sponsored