Frequent tailgating

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Well, 15kph over is when they just start to look at you. If they're having a bad day... Usually I get them laughing, which is a good way to reduce a ticket, if not eliminate it!
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, 15kph over is when they just start to look at you. If they're having a bad day... Usually I get them laughing, which is a good way to reduce a ticket, if not eliminate it!
Honestly I don't know. I think the officer I got was just having a bad day because anything I said to her (I even tried talking to her about general things), and she just shut me down and was so serious o_O so I just shut up and took the ticket lol.

That was my first and only ticket so far. Hopefully none left to come. Ive been pulled over by ride programs before (no, I wasn't drinking lol) and cracked a few jokes with officers and all was well. You are right though, it is basically hit and miss. 99% of the officers I spoke to are awesome. Others just want to make your life miserable, I swear.:banghead:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm with ya, bro! I don't like to pass on the right but when the actual passing lane is hogged by SUVs and trucks and jerks who won't afford others the courtesy of moving over, then you gotta do what you gotta do! Like I said, when I see or get the feeling this is happening, I get the heck outta there and find more open road.
As long as you're not "surfing (weaving) lane to lane" and driving 20 over, this is acceptable, even if it's me you're passing!

Last edited:
OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As long as you're not "surfing (weaving) lane to lane" and driving 20 over, this is acceptable, even if it's me your passing!
Nah, don't wanna add to the d-bags on the road. I'll typically either back off and let the cluster move on or lik I said try and get ahead of it. But if I do I operate in a manner that's safe and predictable.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
on CBS news this morning they said that 80% (!) of drivers admit to having participated in a road rage incident in the last year. And 45% said they got out of their car and confronted the other driver!
Now that's kind of scary. And even more interesting, 60% of women admit to road rage.The worst incident I ever witnessed (I wasn't involved) was between two women.They chased each other for miles tailgating each other and at one point one of them tried to run the other off the road. I tried to keep up just to watch what would happen next, but when they hit 70mph I lost them.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
on CBS news this morning they said that 80% (!) of drivers admit to having participated in a road rage incident in the last year. And 45% said they got out of their car and confronted the other driver!
Now that's kind of scary. And even more interesting, 60% of women admit to road rage.The worst incident I ever witnessed (I wasn't involved) was between two women.They chased each other for miles tailgating each other and at one point one of them tried to run the other off the road. I tried to keep up just to watch what would happen next, but when they hit 70mph I lost them.
Bet it was the wife and the husband's mistress! ;-)

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
I've got no problem confronting someone if they are CLEARLY in the wrong, and are ignorant back to me. They'll just keep up their behaviour until they hurt someone in an accident. And probably STILL won't learn their lesson.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone seen this? Woman driver was raging hard.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone seen this? Woman driver was raging hard.

Yep, seen that one before like a year ago. She got arrested too.

Most people on this thread would find r/roadcam on Reddit is pretty entertaining.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
jeez that video was hard to watch.brought back a memory of a couple weeks ago.

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I love when people try to road rage me. No one ever expects someone 6'6 280lbs to get out of a Civic.

Actually the best one I ever had was a guy in a gas station who claimed I cut him off (definitely did not). He got out of his car first, I then go out of mine and he proceeded to stand behind his open door and really not say much to me after that.

But back to the topic, I definitely have had a lot more people tail gate me in this car. I just let them pass. They "obviously" are more important than everyone else on the road.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds common here in West Virginia
Yeah, that's probably common throughout the whole world. Shoot, you could probably find an isolated tribe in the Amazon where some guy slept with his woman's sister and she took his nose bone away. :)