OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I
Good, you should get a copy of the report here https://www.chp.ca.gov/notify-chp/collision-report-chp-190

It will help if your insurance company starts playing games with you (happens more often than not) & you need to hire an attorney.
If my insurance fixes my car and I'm not required to pay for my deductible due to the collision deductible waiver, will I still need an attorney?

I told the bf since my car isn't perfect anymore I'm wanting to trade it for a 2016 crv. Lol.
Sponsored

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
If my insurance fixes my car and I'm not required to pay for my deductible due to the collision deductible waiver, will I still need an attorney? I told the bf since my car isn't perfect anymore I'm wanting to trade it for a 2016 crv. Lol.
No, if your insurance company does the right thing, then you won't need an attorney - just make sure you have a copy of the accident report for your records. If you take your car to a Honda-certified body shop, it should be like new after they're done with it. And God no, please don't trade it in for a CRV, LOL :rolleyes1:

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
No, if your insurance company does the right thing, then you won't need an attorney - just make sure you have a copy of the accident report for your records. If you take your car to a Honda-certified body shop, it should be like new after they're done with it. And God no, please don't trade it in for a CRV, LOL :rolleyes1:
Lol!! :p
Thanks for the info

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
*Shakes head* I can see risking the no insurance thing back in the country, but in a suburban/urban area with lots of traffic? I'm damned confident I won't have an accident, but not THAT confident!

Hell, in that case you give the person your particulars and offer to pay for the repairs out of pocket to save the trouble!

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
*Shakes head* I can see risking the no insurance thing back in the country, but in a suburban/urban area with lots of traffic? I'm damned confident I won't have an accident, but not THAT confident!

Hell, in that case you give the person your particulars and offer to pay for the repairs out of pocket to save the trouble!
I wished chp came out. Would've ran her plates and they would've known she was uninsured. Lesson learned.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Years ago, some trailer trash lady backed into the side of my wife's Civic in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Even though it did not occur on a public street, a cop who was on the premises came over and the lady gave him her insurance info, which he gave to my wife. Turned out to be invalid, probably for the same reason as we assume was the case here (didn't feel like paying for 6 months of insurance but also didn't want to risk a ticket or being towed for lack of insurance, so she canceled the policy right after receiving the proof of insurance card). I guess these kinds of people go through a regular cycle of obtaining and canceling insurance twice a year? What I don't understand is that, based on my own experience with this many years ago, when insurance is canceled or expires in my state, the insurance company reports it to the DMV, which then sends you a nasty letter requiring you to turn in your license plate if you cannot produce proof of current insurance. Not sure how they get around that.

Anyway, I was furious about it when we found out her insurance was fake, and went to the police station to talk to someone about it. The cop I talked to stopped me mid-sentence... "sorry, the accident occurred on private property, so there's nothing we can do." He didn't get my point... no, I did not expect there to be a citation issued for the accident, but I was surprised that giving fraudulent information (a knowingly invalid insurance card) to a law enforcement officer was acceptable and not something they would want to pursue.

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Years ago, some trailer trash lady backed into the side of my wife's Civic in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Even though it did not occur on a public street, a cop who was on the premises came over and the lady gave him her insurance info, which he gave to my wife. Turned out to be invalid, probably for the same reason as we assume was the case here (didn't feel like paying for 6 months of insurance but also didn't want to risk a ticket or being towed for lack of insurance, so she canceled the policy right after receiving the proof of insurance card). I guess these kinds of people go through a regular cycle of obtaining and canceling insurance twice a year? What I don't understand is that, based on my own experience with this many years ago, when insurance is canceled or expires in my state, the insurance company reports it to the DMV, which then sends you a nasty letter requiring you to turn in your license plate if you cannot produce proof of current insurance. Not sure how they get around that.

Anyway, I was furious about it when we found out her insurance was fake, and went to the police station to talk to someone about it. The cop I talked to stopped me mid-sentence... "sorry, the accident occurred on private property, so there's nothing we can do." He didn't get my point... no, I did not expect there to be a citation issued for the accident, but I was surprised that giving fraudulent information (a knowingly invalid insurance card) to a law enforcement officer was acceptable and not something they would want to pursue.
That's a bummer to what happened to your wife's car. I dont understand why people do that other than to save $$. Too bad law enforcement can't do anything about it. Hopefully DMV will require her to get insurance asap or suspend her license but then again, that probably wont stop her. I'm in CA so not sure how the process is.

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
so....got a rental today. spent about 30 minutes at the rental office and needed to be at work so i took whatever they offered me. she said i could get something else but i would be responsible for the costs above my daily allowance so i said screw it. driving the rental isn't going to kill me. so they gave me a ford transit. its actually not that bad. LOL

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Heres my rental beauty. LOL. maybe i should've waited longer at the rental office in hopes of a smaller car :p

Honda Civic 10th gen Fml...accident today 20160815_105407_resized

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Awesome little van in Europe. Quite trendy and sporty!

Just keep checking back with the rental office to see if something else come available.

Dark helmut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black ex-t
Sorry to hear about your accident having the same insurance wont really help, i was in an accident about 4 months ago my car was Totaled the other person had a red and i ended up t boning them stil took them awhile to determine it wasn't my fault .
Sponsored