Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey does anyone here know if its ok to install a flex fuel kit and just reflash current tune with disables checked but the flex tables not functioning? I know technically you don't need to run any E but does iteffect anything else especially when basically being a fancy fuel line?

I have my custom tune file from Drob but its for 93 and ill need to get the kit in and down there again for retune
Sponsored

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
You need to have a tune with ethanol enabled. On prl flex fuel kit, you get power from the ect2 wire. Without an ethanol tune enabled at least, your radiator won’t get the input from the ect2 or ect1 sensor to do its job. You could cause your car to over heat.

OP
OP
Neddih

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What If I just ran the ect2 connector but didn't connect it yet? I know there is a sensor in the prl bracket assembly but it still just functions like an open fuel connection correct? Signals from it TO the ecu change fueling, nothing ever changes in the actual line?

It would be convenient to be able to put the kit in this weekend well ahead and have it done while I have free time

OP
OP
Neddih

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Flex fuel kit question 1645811107935

With or without the flex fuel table enabled how could that change how the signaling is working? PRL instructions say to disable those anyway? Does the PRL kit also relay the temp to the ECU like a middleman?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
With or without the flex fuel table enabled how could that change how the signaling is working?
The flex fuel kit uses the temp sensor to report the ethanol content to ktuner unit. There's no relaying the temperature since it's not connected. The new tune essentially tells the ECU not to freak out about the second ECT sensor not connected and ignore it.

Why not just install the flex fuel kit and just go with the flex fuel basemap provided by ktuner?

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
The flex fuel kit uses the temp sensor to report the ethanol content to ktuner unit. There's no relaying the temperature since it's not connected. The new tune essentially tells the ECU not to freak out about the second ECT sensor not connected and ignore it.

Why not just install the flex fuel kit and just go with the flex fuel basemap provided by ktuner?
This is what I meant to say. In addition without your ect2 (second) sensor relaying temperature, your radiator fans won’t turn on. So the ethanol basemap will make it so your radiator fan depends on your ect1 sensor instead.

OP
OP
Neddih

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I run a turbo that does not have a base map and am already on a custom tune. I was asking since Id like to have it installed but I haven't scheduled another time with Drob just yet and don't want to keep bugging him lol I already know i have the whole afternoon sunday to spend in the garage if i want and get it done.

What if you just didnt switch the connections then, it would just be a fancy prl labeled fuel line at that point until you switched the connections right? Eh ill stop being stubborn and probably ask him over the weekend
Sponsored