FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
After reading another members post about No Shift Lift (sorry can’t remember who?) I decided to give it a try. Muscle memory is a powerful thing....but once I forced my foot to stay down I was shocked with how smooth and fast it felt. It reminded me of a Porsche pdk shift! Nothing harsh about it whatsoever! At redline it seems to stay all the way in boost and the feel of constant pull is addictive. I’m curious of others opinions. BTW-you must be tuned for this feature.

Quick explanation of how it works for those wondering.

“The secret lies in the ability to interrupt spark to your motor when it detects that the clutch and the accelerator have been pressed at the same time. Once the vehicle's ECU receives the signal that the clutch pedal has been activated, it cuts the ignition—effectively 'lifting' for you—until the shift has been completed, allowing you to keep the gas mashed.“

full article link below:
https://www.drivingline.com/article...our-foot-on-the-floor-while-rowing-the-gears/
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I tried it before and it loses boost during shift. Didn’t like it and took it off.

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m on Ktuner, I wonder if there’s any difference with the programming? Thanks for your feedback.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Didn’t know ktuner had no lift shift for the FK8

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Good point. I have a custom tune using Ktuner. I’ll have to see how it works. Because I think you’re right. I can’t find the feature avail. through ktuner. Hope I’m not f’ing up my ish. Lol

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
No worries.
Good point. I have a custom tune using Ktuner. I’ll have to see how it works. Because I think you’re right. I can’t find the feature avail. through ktuner. Hope I’m not f’ing up my ish. Lol

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Enjoy your transmission problems down the road. No lift shifting chews synchros up.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It's pretty great on Hondata - it usually holds boost too because the wastegate doesn't open. I'm not sure under what conditions it does so, but I've seen the datalogs and it's definitely holding the wastegate closed between the shifts most of the time.

Sounds like you've got no lift shift through a KTuner custom tune. Most people on KTuner do not. Unlike Hondata, KTuner allows their partnered tuners to upload their own custom features and software.

Enjoy your transmission problems down the road. No lift shifting chews synchros up.
This is software-assisted, the ECU automatically lets off the throttle and re-applies once the clutch is re-engaged. There's no danger to the transmission. It's no different to the transmission than if you had let off the accelerator yourself, and it's possibly even better for it with some drivers, honestly.

Last edited:

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Isn't this the "anti lag" that was putting holes in blocks and chewing up turbos a couple months ago?

It sure reads like it.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Isn't this the "anti lag" that was putting holes in blocks and chewing up turbos a couple months ago?

It sure reads like it.
All of this makes me uncomfortable - if that thing doesn't work exactly right each time it can't be positive whatever happens next.

Hard pass - car is quick enough - I'll do flat footed shifting in my dual clutch where it is made for that.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

It sure reads like it.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the antilag system from Hondata. The antilag system retards ignition massively, causing explosions in the exhaust tract to build boost.. All this does is close the throttle plate as though you yourself had let off the accelerator.

And while we're on that subject - the antilag system only blows people up on stock engines when they want to lay on it like they're a built rally car. If you use it very lightly on your stock engine WITH AN AFTERMARKET DP it's probably not going to build up enough heat to do any damage, especially from a roll. It's still putting a ton of stress on your components though.

But, again, this has nothing to do with the no-lift shift feature. Completely different mechanisms.

Last edited:

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah man I googled fk8 anti-lag and the third result is CIVIC TYPE R Blown Motor thread from this forum, and honestly, you're right the cars are fast enough that it's not worth the risk of smashing 1st or 2nd by accident and eating a 16k money shift.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
All of this makes me uncomfortable - if that thing doesn't work exactly right each time it can't be positive whatever happens next.

Hard pass - car is quick enough - I'll do flat footed shifting in my dual clutch where it is made for that.
There's absolutely zero danger to using the no lift shift feature on Hondata. It's using a fuel cut to limit the RPMs.
Sponsored

Last edited: