Exterior trim product recommendations

Rival

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Looking for some guidance on an exterior trim product. I'm not sure where it came from but I noticed my passenger side door trim has a nice black oily spot about the size of a baseball. Looking for ways to get out and get an "even" black look back.
Sponsored

Pilotman11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic EX
I've used Meguiar's trim restorer and it works pretty well, and held up for three or so weeks. Have you tried to clean the spot first? Maybe with just regular car soap? It sounds like it should be able to come off.

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I would clean it thoroughly and then protect it with something like 303 Aerospace.

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
If you are looking for a exterior trim product that can last, Meguiars and 303 may not be the answer.

303 does its job but the first rain will wash it away and you have to keep reapplying it after every wash/rain. It was designed to be used on interiors for the most part.

Give Ultima Tire&Trim Guard a try and also Carpro Perl (this one you can use on various surfaces in different dilution rates).

Wolfgang and Blackfire have exterior trim coatings which seem to have positive reviews ( Disclaimer: I have not used them)

I will be trying the Nanolex Trim rejuvenator next to see how it works (it has claimed longevity of up to a year) and post back if it is a worthy product.
Sponsored