Cleaning exterior plastics

bcthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 1.8EL
Reviews I've read for Back to Black say it doesn't last long. The bottle says it protects from sun, but I'd guess the main purpose is to remove oxidation. For UV protection, I think I'd trust 303 more. And it's quick and easy to apply.

I hate all this unpainted plastic cars are coming with now, but I always feel like I'm the only one ever complaining about it. :(
All the brands mentioned above are not available in Thailand. I use the 'normal/original' Armour All stuff that I can find locally on the wife's Sentra for years and it seemed to work well. The black window moldings and rubber seals still look pretty darn good at 14 years. (Had company cars that I just took to car wash places, so spent a bit more time on the wife's car, but just using 'regular' stuff) Time to upgrade my kit for my new Civic. But you are totally right. There is a lot of big black plastic on the new Civic.
Sponsored

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus. Works great on exterior plastics and very long lasting. It is a sealant per se and won't give you the cheap black shiny look but it will protect for up tp 6 months. Carper PERL works good as well.

I haven't personally tried it but I believe Adams VRT & IN & OUT spray are good as well (can't comment on longevity/durabiliity)

If your plastics are dirty, you wanna clean it with a diluted mix of APC or regular Multi Surface Cleaner. Makes for a good application.

I highly recommend Ultima TTG. PERL would be close enough too.

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Using P21S wash booster to wash the car I found I never had to using anything on black plastic trim.

Hugh Jazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I use to use a product called "Wet Look", or something like that. They may not even make it anymore, been many years. Armor All is good too.
Sponsored