ssunnypd

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 civic si - sold, 2021 SGP Type R #44-500
Country flag
Hey everyone, so I just wanted to get some input/advice on what products I should use for my wash scenario.

Right now my car is coated with a light 2 year ceramic coating. My car is garaged kept, and I don't really drive it a lot because I work from home, so the car is mostly a weekend car. With that being said, I plan to only wash the car about 3 times a month depending on how much I use it.

Currently I use Adams ultra foam shampoo and P&S brake buster. I also have CarPro Reload which I use to top off my coating. Based on my research, IMO it does not make sense to use Reload every single time I wash the car, to me that is just wasting product. I figure I could use it once a month when I do a deep clean (decontamination and clay). But for the regular washes I was looking for something to provide that extra gloss.

I narrowed my choices down to Griots Best of Show Detailer and P&S Paint Gloss. I figured I could use one of these after I wash the car to give it that extra pop. I was considering P&S Beadmaker, but I am not really looking for protection as I feel it would probably be too much product if I applied beadmaker ever single wash. I am really looking for is the slickness and gloss, I think my coating with Reload should be enough to protect the car for a month before I top it off.

Let me know what you guys think about this, do you have any experience with the Griots and P&S paint gloss/beadmaker. Do you recommend anything else?
Sponsored

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Griots Brilliant Soap (the pink soap) has a lot of gloss enhancers and is pH neutral, works good in a foamer and leaves behind a decent amount of gloss.

For coated paint personally, I use Gyeon Bathe+. Highest gloss I've seen in a soap but it's bit pricey. Then I finish up with Gyeon Wetcoat.

Griots Best of Show Detailer is really freakin' awesome but keep in mind your going to increase the chance of scratching the paint (if you're worried about that). This stuff really makes black paint pop.

I haven't used beadmaker but from what I observed in other groups/forums is that it is mostly for protection and it works well in that area but longevity is "meh".

OP
OP

ssunnypd

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 civic si - sold, 2021 SGP Type R #44-500
Country flag
Griots Brilliant Soap (the pink soap) has a lot of gloss enhancers and is pH neutral, works good in a foamer and leaves behind a decent amount of gloss.

For coated paint personally, I use Gyeon Bathe+. Highest gloss I've seen in a soap but it's bit pricey. Then I finish up with Gyeon Wetcoat.

Griots Best of Show Detailer is really freakin' awesome but keep in mind your going to increase the chance of scratching the paint (if you're worried about that). This stuff really makes black paint pop.

I haven't used beadmaker but from what I observed in other groups/forums is that it is mostly for protection and it works well in that area but longevity is "meh".
Thanks for the response. I will look into the brilliant soap as I’m running out of the Adam’s ultra foam. So I can maybe pick that up when I’m out. The best of show detailer I would honestly use right after a wash. I don’t believe In using quick detailer when the car is dirty. As you said it increase the chance of scratching. I think it’s better to use a rinse less wash or something instead.
Sponsored