Cleaning exterior plastics

looopson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Any recommended product for cleaning and shinning those exterior black plastics that fade over time? The black vertical plastics on the doors are already showing some permanent staining from what I believe were fingerprints.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cleaning exterior plastics 20160320_133229_resized
Honda Civic 10th gen Cleaning exterior plastics 20160320_133213_resized

Thanks!

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
303 works great but once it rains you need to reapply it

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Anyone have any experience with Chemical Guys V.R.P Dressing applied to those plastic areas?

reversals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
For those who use 303, I'm curious to know how versatile it is? I've heard of people using it for car interior plastics as well but not sure if it was designed for that.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've used it on interior plastic eg. dashboard as well as my tires. Very versatile.

Haven't used it on leather but it can be used on finished leather. Most automotive leather is finished except your very high end eg. Rolls Royce.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I used to use a cream called "Back to Black". Can't remembered the manufacturer. It made dulled black trim and rubber really look brand new, but God help you if you got it on the paint. So hard to get off.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
mother makes it
For those who use 303, I'm curious to know how versatile it is? I've heard of people using it for car interior plastics as well but not sure if it was designed for that.
you can use it for anything exterior or interior. it will last longer with the interior

Mothers makes back to black

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for Mothers Back to Black trim cleaner. I usually reapply every wash. They also have Trim Restorer if you feel your trim has diminished its color. I haven't used that product, but I would assume it's the next step if the trim has dulled already.

eschino1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Rallye Red
Country flag
I recommend chemical guys natural shine dressing.. Leaves a satin black finish and it lasts quite sometime I usually apply after every wash and it looks like new

epmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
How about scratches? Somebody scratched the black plastic panel on my left rear door. It's barely noticeable, but of course I see it now whenever I look at the door. Not sure I can buff it out, and using really fine sand paper sounds like a really bad idea.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Reviews I've read for Back to Black say it doesn't last long. The bottle says it protects from sun, but I'd guess the main purpose is to remove oxidation. For UV protection, I think I'd trust 303 more. And it's quick and easy to apply.

I hate all this unpainted plastic cars are coming with now, but I always feel like I'm the only one ever complaining about it. :(

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag