Euro FK8 HU & Speaker Install

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Hi Guys
I know it's primarily US based but there's gotta be some other euro or RHD owners here, although I'm sure there's a lot of similaritys for an install.

Our cars came with no Sub and appears to be a 10 speaker system (centre dash/doors front & back/tweeters and passenger pillars and has factory amp)

I'm trying to map out exactly what I need and had a few Questions.

I'm going to switch headunit for a Joying 9inch for starters, but I'm torn on whether to go aftermarket amp or not for all the components

How hard is it running cable from the doors back to an amp in the boot?
Is there anyway to piggyback in though the car harness?

Assuming I change centre dash, and components in front and rear doors, I take it I need a 5 channel amp to run the above?

TbH my main pain is the lack of sub, I know I could cheap out and go with an underseat sub, but I don't think they have the kick I want, so was going to go with custom stealth enclosure into the boot where the factory sub in the US cars is, but question is given that its a small corner space, do I need a free to air sub, are will even say a 10" manage on the small size box that would go in the area?

Also do people generally switch out the speakers in the passenger pillars too or just stick with the front and rear doors?
Sponsored

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Hi,
since you're going to change the HU, I would say to buy also a DSP/AMP. If you change also the speakers, then it's a MUST!!
It's very easy to pass cables in this car. Only tricky place is behind the rear seat.

If you run the amp/speaker active, you need 9 channels.
If you run them passive (use the speakers' provided crossover), you need 5 channel.
My suggestion is to drop the center speaker. Somehow it ruin the sound of the good speakers (I assume) you gonna install in the front doors (ok, personal taste)...

I run front speakers passive and a sub (bridged) with a 4 channel amp! I'm very satisfied.