2016 Coupe LX 5 inch stereo HU & speakers

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
I have realized there is not much information about the LX 5 inch Head unit and 4 speakers on the Internet.
These we're gifted to me last night. a pair of 6.5 inch three-way pioneers with 2 Memphis brand tweeters and two small Memphis amps for the speakers.

Here are the pictures. Let me know what I can do with them please!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Coupe LX 5 inch stereo HU & speakers speakr

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Coupe LX 5 inch stereo HU & speakers speakr1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Coupe LX 5 inch stereo HU & speakers speakr2

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Coupe LX 5 inch stereo HU & speakers speakr3

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
If you wanna keep the stock HU, but have a little more sound, just do like I always do. I replaced my door speakers with some 8 ohm 6.5" coaxials using some adapters that are technically for a 9th gen. When they make some adapters for my rear deck, I'll put some in there too. Makes it sound at 20, roughly how it sounded before at about 30. Sounds a little louder, clearer, and I keep all stock function.

And please, no idiotic remarks about how using 8 ohm speakers on a 4 ohm car stereo is gonna tear something up. The opposite is true, and I've been doing it for over 20 years with zero problems.

OP
OP
Wyborowa

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
so these are useless to me? Is it possible to buy 4 aftermarket speakers with an 4 channel amp and keep the stock head unit?

Thanks guys!

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I would suggest talking to some local car audio shops (but stay far away from BestBuy). They can help you determine what would work best.

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
so these are useless to me? Is it possible to buy 4 aftermarket speakers with an 4 channel amp and keep the stock head unit?

Thanks guys!
Yes it's possible, but you'd have to do some wire splicing, or alot of wire running.

I would suggest talking to some local car audio shops (but stay far away from BestBuy). They can help you determine what would work best.
Sometimes. All our local car audio shops are interested in is what costs the most, not what sounds the best.

Not always the case, but I have got some amazing sound from some of the cheaper branded stuff that these "professional audio shops" would have turned their noses at.

too

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Those boxes are crossovers.

First route, you can use the factory outputs by buying a factory speaker adapter. This is a straight replacement of factory speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002BEPJY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The above (even though amazon says it doesn't) fits '16 model. I tried it with the rear deck, assuming they're the same. You can install the components on the rear deck of the front doors. I'd recommend do the front first, but you'll probably want the factory trim pieces (where the rear view mirror mounts). Part numbers are 76270-TBA-A11 and 76220-TBA-A11 ($30 for both pieces). The tweeter hole sizes are roughly 39mm. So you have to do some measurements on what's been given to you.

Second route, buy a line-to-level converter, splice into the factory harness, run RCA (or other type of choosing) cables to the amp, and then run speaker cables to the door. This is a much more expensive option, but probably will provide better sound. The caveat is that you are limited by the factory head unit capability. The good news is that once you do all this, you can upgrade the head unit to another type and utilize RCA/amp/speaker cable/speaker (and then ditch the line-to-level converter). AudioControl makes what seemingly a great one for $100+, but there are cheaper options.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6nk0hecq4LX/shopsearch/to_line_level_converter.html

On a side note, are the two crossovers different? They appear to be different sizes.
Sponsored