xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What's the highest e you can run on a stock in tank fuel pump? I have the xdi hpfp but not an upgraded in tank..thanks.
Sponsored

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
The engine can take E15 without a tune. Just add 1 gallon E85 to the tank when filling with gas on empty tank.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I have mostly car running on stock in tank fuel pump tuned on E30 ~E40. A few running with stock in tank over a year and a half no issues, making around 480 to 500 whp. All course upgraded HPFP and injectors and HPF line, also PTFE fuel lines.

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
I have mostly car running on stock in tank fuel pump tuned on E30 ~E40. A few running with stock in tank over a year and a half no issues, making around 480 to 500 whp. All course upgraded HPFP and injectors and HPF line, also PTFE fuel lines.
I'm currently at 400whp on FBO running E30. Am I correct in assuming that I would get to ~450whp with a HPFP, and then to ~500whp with both a HPFP and injectors? (as in, both HPFP and injectors are equally important upgrades)

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I'm currently at 400whp on FBO running E30. Am I correct in assuming that I would get to ~450whp with a HPFP, and then to ~500whp with both a HPFP and injectors? (as in, both HPFP and injectors are equally important upgrades)
For get 450 whp on 93 ouy need HPFP and turbo upgrade, if you have injectors upgrade would be ideal, but maybe you can push that power on oem injectors. If ouy have HPFP upgraded, injectors and turbo plus fuel line you can push around 480~500 whp.

Without the turbo upgrade and without injectors upgraded I don't see how you can reach 450WHP reliable on ethanol and on 93 completely discarded.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How bad are the OEM fuel lines for e85? How many lines did you replace? Is there a kit or how did you source it. I've run over 60,000 miles of e40 so maybe my lines aren't so great anymore. TIA.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
How bad are the OEM fuel lines for e85? How many lines did you replace? Is there a kit or how did you source it. I've run over 60,000 miles of e40 so maybe my lines aren't so great anymore. TIA.
I make custom hoses and also for mostly ethanol flex fuel kits, mostly prices for are from $200, the OEM fuel lines are very good to be honest. Usually, the lines get deteriorated are the aftermarket in certain flex fuel kit.

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
For get 450 whp on 93 ouy need HPFP and turbo upgrade, if you have injectors upgrade would be ideal, but maybe you can push that power on oem injectors. If ouy have HPFP upgraded, injectors and turbo plus fuel line you can push around 480~500 whp.

Without the turbo upgrade and without injectors upgraded I don't see how you can reach 450WHP reliable on ethanol and on 93 completely discarded.
So it seems like injectors don't make a big difference unless you upgrade the turbo as well? I was going to go HPFP/injectors and do a turbo later, but it seems like just doing the HPFP alone first is the best $/whp for now

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
So it seems like injectors don't make a big difference unless you upgrade the turbo as well? I was going to go HPFP/injectors and do a turbo later, but it seems like just doing the HPFP alone first is the best $/whp for now
No no, the injectors does make big difference , it is all depending on what fuel and how much Air Charge are you running. , how much ignition timing, rpm etc. etc.

These are the variables :
What fuel are you running: 93 or ethanol?
How much air charge? ( upgraded turbo or stock)
Rpm range? Stock 7000 or 7400 to 8300rpm?

All these variables it will make huge differences. You need to be specific what you have , your power power target budget etc.

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
No no, the injectors does make big difference , it is all depending on what fuel and how much Air Charge are you running. , how much ignition timing, rpm etc. etc.

These are the variables :
What fuel are you running: 93 or ethanol?
How much air charge? ( upgraded turbo or stock)
Rpm range? Stock 7000 or 7400 to 8300rpm?

All these variables it will make huge differences. You need to be specific what you have , your power power target budget etc.
E30-E40 (stock in-tank pump), stock turbo, custom tuned. I know for sure a HPFP is the next upgrade I should do - I assume that alone should get me 430-440whp on E30. Problem with injectors and turbo is the labor cost of installing these parts - not convinced it's worth it for an extra 50whp

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
E30-E40 (stock in-tank pump), stock turbo, custom tuned. I know for sure a HPFP is the next upgrade I should do - I assume that alone should get me 430-440whp on E30. Problem with injectors and turbo is the labor cost of installing these parts - not convinced it's worth it for an extra 50whp
I don't think you can get more than 400whp with Hpfp stock turbo. If you upgrade the injectors you could reach maybe 420whp, what you aren't seen is the gain across the whole rpm range. It is more important the gains across the whole rpm range than make peak power. Is all about the combination of torque in the usable rpm range tan make high peak power and low torque.

For example : Car 1: making 400whp at 5000 rpm, peak torque at 4000rpm, 400WTQ peak power from 5000 to 5100, all the rest below 370 whp.
Car 2: making 370 whp at 7000 rpm , peak torque at 5500 rpm 350WTQ peak power from 5500 to 7000,.

Car 2 will beat very easily car N1 with less peak HP and way less peak TQ, as long the torque is consistent across the usable rpm range.

Is very important understand the Dyno graph and do not guide just for peak numbers.

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
I don't think you can get more than 400whp with Hpfp stock turbo. If you upgrade the injectors you could reach maybe 420whp, what you aren't seen is the gain across the whole rpm range. It is more important the gains across the whole rpm range than make peak power. Is all about the combination of torque in the usable rpm range tan make high peak power and low torque.

For example : Car 1: making 400whp at 5000 rpm, peak torque at 4000rpm, 400WTQ peak power from 5000 to 5100, all the rest below 370 whp.
Car 2: making 370 whp at 7000 rpm , peak torque at 5500 rpm 350WTQ peak power from 5500 to 7000,.

Car 2 will beat very easily car N1 with less peak HP and way less peak TQ, as long the torque is consistent across the usable rpm range.

Is very important understand the Dyno graph and do not guide just for peak numbers.
Interesting, thanks for the replies. Maybe I should go upgraded turbo first then, and HPFP/injectors later

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Interesting, thanks for the replies. Maybe I should go upgraded turbo first then, and HPFP/injectors later
In my experience the Rs with turbo upgrade stock fuel vs Rs with fuel system upgrade on ethanol the one on turbo upgrade is faster due the peak power is at top rpm range vs the other is at middle range and then fall off at top end . Street racing comparative
Sponsored