echoparkpanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys,

So I want to get a tune for my 17 hatchback but unfortunately cannot addord the Flash Pro or K-Tuner units at this time. Is there any shops in Los Angeles that will tune my hatch?
If so, any recommendations and approx. price?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can get a Hondata flash for $250 or so. I’d closely look at a Ktuner V1 though, it can do a lot more than a single flash and will hold great resale value. (can’t resell a flash)

OP
OP
echoparkpanda

echoparkpanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can get a Hondata flash for $250 or so. I’d closely look at a Ktuner V1 though, it can do a lot more than a single flash and will hold great resale value. (can’t resell a flash)
Most Hondata Flashpro I've seen for sale have been $500+

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport

yht29

BOOST PATROL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP Sport, CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yep Church can flash it for $350 with a Hondata +6. But you said "at this time" so if you think you are eventually going to get a unit why spend part of the money now when you can save up and get a KTuner or Flashpro down the line. Eventually you will have to retune or update and you will have to pay the shop again. So why not just wait and save then get the proper setup. Buy once cry once I say!

OP
OP
echoparkpanda

echoparkpanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yep Church can flash it for $350 with a Hondata +6. But you said "at this time" so if you think you are eventually going to get a unit why spend part of the money now when you can save up and get a KTuner or Flashpro down the line. Eventually you will have to retune or update and you will have to pay the shop again. So why not just wait and save then get the proper setup. Buy once cry once I say!
The original plan was to buy a unit but I was debating between Hondata or KTuner. If it boils down to they have near identical performance for the same tunes, I'd go with which ever is cheaper or easier to flash.

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Just quick info you can resale a flaspro all you have to do is bring your car back to stock and choose an option Flash for sale when turning your ecu back to normal.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Just quick info you can resale a flaspro all you have to do is bring your car back to stock and choose an option Flash for sale when turning your ecu back to normal.
Reflash and FlashPro are two different options.

Reflash an authorized dealer will flash your ecu 1 time with a basemap or custom map. FlashPro is a end user flashing tuning tool

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
This^^ been trying to tell people to do the same. Just doesn’t make sense to do it that way.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. $350 seems good at first for the tune until you realize if you add any mods or the software is improved or updated, you need to go in and pay for another tune. You have to pay to return to stock. Buying is the only way to go IMO. Plus, if you decide to go back to stock, you can sell the used tuner unit for almost as much as you paid for it new.
Sponsored