AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
If the unit is properly connected to the OBD port and communicating with the ECU the LED status will show it.
I think my Ktuner may be messing up or the pins are lose. Reason I say that is that when I connect it and hold it in a specific sweet spot I get power to it and the green light comes on but once I let go it goes off.

This is my third time actually plugging it into my car after my first flash and second was to data log so I don’t think it should mess up from a lot of plugging and unplugging.

I know it is not my OBD2 port because I have a wifi OBD2 adapter that I use with torque app on my HU and that connect fine without wiggling it or finding a sweet spot. It just connects and read data once plugged in.

Honda Civic 10th gen ECU Communication Failed. [Please help!] ADC68745-E1A4-437F-9F72-59B6977CB709
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It either went to sleep because the key isn't on or it's not inserted properly. You're welcome to check if you bent any of the pins or popped one of the vehicle's OBD port clips so that it's not sitting where it should.