First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a siphon with a tube small enough in diameter to get down the dipstick tube,and it went down as far as the dipstick,but I couldn't get any oil out of it. Is there some trick? It did not want to pull back out of the tube very easy either I will add.
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got a siphon with a tube small enough in diameter to get down the dipstick tube,and it went down as far as the dipstick,but I couldn't get any oil out of it. Is there some trick? It did not want to pull back out of the tube very easy either I will add.

Why don't you remove the oil pan bolt ? That is the way to do a oil oil change

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why don't you remove the oil pan bolt ? That is the way to do a oil oil change
I'm not trying to change it,just take some out as the dealer over filled it,and it would be very messy trying to take out a small amount like that. I don't have the stuff to get it up to get under there right now either,which is why I let the dealer do it. Big mistake.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I receive my new Civic , it was overfill too. I leave it like that until I do next oil change myself.
Now It is ok

No need to break you head about that.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I receive my new Civic , it was overfill too. I leave it like that until I do next oil change myself.
Now It is ok

No need to break you head about that.
Its way over filled though,its up over the orange piece onto the metal part of the dipstick, the manual said over filling can hurt the engine but how much over filling? I've still got 60% life left,so it would be awhile before the next change. Still gotta gets some ramps and stuff any way.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its way over filled though,its up over the orange piece onto the metal part of the dipstick, the manual said over filling can hurt the engine but how much over filling? I've still got 60% life left,so it would be awhile before the next change. Still gotta gets some ramps and stuff any way.

Look same as mine was when I bough the car. Did you wait at least one hour before look a the dipstick ?
It is the second oil change do by the dealer ? Or it is the original oil by Honda ?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look same as mine was when I bough the car. Did you wait at least one hour before look a the dipstick ?
It is the second oil change do by the dealer ? Or it is the original oil by Honda ?
I did what the manual said, three minutes, then I looked about an hour later, all showing it over filled. The dealer did this ,its the first change they did. The service manager said yes ,its over filled by more than a half a quart,and said they drained it. I checked it less than two weeks I'd say and it looks like they drained absolutely nothing out of it.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did what the manual said, three minutes, then I looked about an hour later, all showing it over filled. The dealer did this ,its the first change they did. The service manager said yes ,its over filled by more than a half a quart,and said they drained it. I checked it less than two weeks I'd say and it looks like they drained absolutely nothing out of it.

I'll return to see dealer, sure he don't do job.
1- Oil drain is not for remove a bit of oil
2- Dealer don't want to loose time with your car

3 minutes in Honda manual ! This make no sense. Honda forget a 0 after the 3 , you should read 30 minutes and more IMO

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
No trick there. just make sure you push the tube all the way down and get some siphon action going. I've done it on my hatch a couple of times

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'll return to see dealer, sure he don't do job.
1- Oil drain is not for remove a bit of oil
2- Dealer don't want to loose time with your car

3 minutes in Honda manual ! This make no sense. Honda forget a 0 after the 3 , you should read 30 minutes and more IMO
The oil drain works fine for removing oil. Just don't pull the plug completely out. I've already done it and it worked fine. No spills and drained it directly into a plastic measuring cup.

3 minutes does make sense for checking oil. Many people when they get gas also check their oil. I don't think Honda needs you waiting there for half an hour. You can still get an accurate reading if the car is at operating temp.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The oil drain works fine for removing oil. Just don't pull the plug completely out. I've already done it and it worked fine. No spills and drained it directly into a plastic measuring cup.

3 minutes does make sense for checking oil. Many people when they get gas also check their oil. I don't think Honda needs you waiting there for half an hour. You can still get an accurate reading if the car is at operating temp.
Well they checked it within give five mi of me pulling into the shop today and said,yep its still about a half quart over filled, so at my insistence, cause they didn't want to, they drained it and the level is finally correct.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I'll do this way, you 'll do this way , but dealer don't IMO

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well they checked it within give five mi of me pulling into the shop today and said,yep its still about a half quart over filled, so at my insistence, cause they didn't want to, they drained it and the level is finally correct.

Great

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
you're oil isn't overfilled. you're not getting an accurate reading on the dipstick