Do you ever get creeped out by the attention?

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
I've owned (among others), an '88 M5, '77 911, '87 911, 2 Miata's (fun), Audi S6 Avants (2). My '19 Sonic Gray CTR has received more attention than all those cars put together. Corners faster too! I have enjoyed the positive attention. A Charger driver did scare the hell out of me, coming up my rear doing 100mph. He continued to terrorize traffic ahead of me. I can only pray he gets pulled over, and put away.
Sponsored

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't mind the attention while driving, a couple of wannabe racers but nothing too nuts. Let's be honest here, almost everyone here bought this car to drive fast, albeit fast means different things to different people. Most people will try to flash their car's speed on public road and will never think twice about tracking it ever, so that's the default assumption of what you're about. Up to you if you want to risk the accidents, tickets, etc that can result if it goes south.

I do get a little annoyed when people at work try to ask how much I paid. I know other people here will say we should be open about it, but at the same time it's a catch 22- either you say you got a deal and come off as a bit cocky, or you say you got hosed and look like a dummy. And either way people start to get touchy about what they assume your salary range could be. Wish it wasn't that way, but it's just a fact of life that some people are very envious. I don't mind talking about how much I like the car or anything, but the "how much did you get it for" always feels like a loaded question. I just answer that I paid what I think is fair and leave it at that.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Sometimes haters will keyed your car due to jealousy. That is the "creeped out" part in the discussion.
Man listen, I was downtown in Washington DC and i saw a pretty CW CTR with a key mark from the beginning of the door across. You could tell a hater keyed the car. We get a lot of that around here and it's a shame. Why hate on a person why probably worked their tail to the bone to get this car. I know i did......I work too damn hard for this car.

There was an incident that i had recently, there was a teen on his phone I gave him a couple of seconds to move before i honked the horn. This fool cursed at me i said "man get off your phone and drive". He was slowly putting his car IN REVERSE to hit my shit.

I felt murder in my heart that day.....I said "I am going to call the police " I unbuckled my seatbelt and was going to THRASH this Pussy. Luckily he stopped moving in reverse maybe just was trying to get under my skin....

Im telling you people can be the worst.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man listen, I was downtown in Washington DC and i saw a pretty CW CTR with a key mark from the beginning of the door across. You could tell a hater keyed the car. We get a lot of that around here and it's a shame. Why hate on a person why probably worked their tail to the bone to get this car. I know i did......I work too damn hard for this car.

There was an incident that i had recently, there was a teen on his phone I gave him a couple of seconds to move before i honked the horn. This fool cursed at me i said "man get off your phone and drive". He was slowly putting his car IN REVERSE to hit my shit.

I felt murder in my heart that day.....I said "I am going to call the police " I unbuckled my seatbelt and was going to THRASH this Pussy. Luckily he stopped moving in reverse maybe just was trying to get under my skin....

Im telling you people can be the worst.
It happens to my previous car so I know about that quite well.

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
I do get a little annoyed when people at work try to ask how much I paid. I know other people here will say we should be open about it, but at the same time it's a catch 22- either you say you got a deal and come off as a bit cocky, or you say you got hosed and look like a dummy. And either way people start to get touchy about what they assume your salary range could be. Wish it wasn't that way, but it's just a fact of life that some people are very envious. I don't mind talking about how much I like the car or anything, but the "how much did you get it for" always feels like a loaded question. I just answer that I paid what I think is fair and leave it at that.
I agree with this. Talking about the looks, the mods, past vehicles and history is all fine and well. It's definitely a double edged sword because if they paid more than you, they'll be salty. If you paid more than them, you're a fool. Even if you over paid, no one is going to come out of their pockets and say "oh wow man/woman. You paid too much for your CTR. Here's a few grand to put back in your pocket." So it really doesn't matter what you paid for it. The only thing that should matter about price is what they feel comfortable spending to get the R - or any car for that matter.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Here in South Florida there is too many fast cars driving around so is just a mix of appreciation and people trying to race you. At least in the área I live in , is a mix of tuned M BMWs and all the way up to flamethrower mclarens so they don’t even bother looking at my car ?.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
So today did curbside pick up lunch from a nice restaurant. Sweet young thing, young enough to be my granddaughter, brought the food out. As she approached she said: "Oof! Nice car! You certainly ride around in style!" If I was only 50 years younger!:(

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's not because of the CTR. They just do that to everyone. Charger drivers and Maxima drivers are the worst ones on the road.
For some reason I also find this to be true where I live. Chargers drive like absolute a$$holes here. Sentras and maximas are just about assumed to be terrible drivers.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Bro come out to Rochester sometime!!!
I go to Rochester pretty regularly. I have family in Penfield.

Was just out there the beginning of August. Got a compliment at a car wash. lol

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I go to Rochester pretty regularly. I have family in Penfield.

Was just out there the beginning of August. Got a compliment at a car wash. lol
Nice man I used to live over at Brook Hill last year, moved to Greece because I could actually afford a house there compared to Penfield/east side. Penfield is a nice lil town.

My girl and I go to meets a bunch, there's one they do at west ridge hots on Saturdays at 5pm that's nice and low key. A few nice cars show up regularly and then others at random.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
We have a lot of Tesla owners driving around what I call paper airplanes on wheels. I've probably only seen 2 Type Rs where I live. These annoying Tesla's may have more torque than me but at least I have the option of upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust, comfortably fart and hide the sound on acceleration so no one hears the evidence. But if I do or don't crack the window open, then for sure I'll be guilty!

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from an SI owner. I give a thumbs up or a nod to most any civic driver I see looking my way, does not matter the trim I just like running across anyone who seems to enjoy their civic like I do mine.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol... be sure to check the car yourself afterwards. Do you have a dash cam? maybe a good idea to get one if you plan on making regular dealer trips.

When i do take my car to the dealer, the dealer only lets their foreman work on it. Sucks for scheduling but at least you know the guy working on it will be experienced. I've verified this with my dash cam and GPS tracker.

I've seen horror stories where the techs havent put the belly pan on correctly.

There was someone who posted a video of a honda dealer receptionist taking a customer's Type R out for a test drive and grinding the crap out of the transmission.

as far as attention goes, its fun. When i got mine i had people waving, recording, asking questions and taking pics. I've had 2 cops stop and ask me about it (wasnt pulled over, just parked or fueling up). i've had an old guy come up and ask about it cause he read about in car/driver.

This was back in Feb '18. It's not nearly as rare now though (socal) though I still get the occasional compliment.
What the fuck
Sponsored